Alianza DxB

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim1348

Alianza DxB

Post by Jim1348 »

http://www.alianzahd.com/ This is interesting.
Bill_G

Re: Alianza DxB

Post by Bill_G »

Yes, it is. Thx!
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

Wow, very interesting indeed !
mikegilbert
What radios do you own?: All of them

Post by mikegilbert »

They had a failed kickstarter campaign last year. While I'd love to see if go into production, it currently reeks of vaporware.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

Really? But is it practical?

The average LMR subscriber unit has a 5-7 year life span, in public safety it can be 10+ years or more.

How often do we replace our cellphones? 6mo-1 year.

Any radio add on that is dependent on a cellphone would be in the recycle bin in that time frame too.

This is an idea that looks great on paper, but has FAIL written all over it in the real world.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

Someone spent some time putting together a flashy presentation that doesn't say anything. No specs, no information on connections to the 2 way radios they say they can control and lastly no contact information.

The missing key point here is that there is no way to contact this so called company that is trying to push it's new fancy product. No phone number, no address, no web link to even input your contact info for them to maybe contact you. This is not the way a normal company would operate.

I have to agree that this is looking like a fancy vaporware effort by someone trying to make a splash. It's a splash all right that will sit in the minds of many people in the radio communications field to bypass a company doing this.

Jim
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

While this specific product might be fanciful fiction, I see it as a vision of the future, and that something like it will be offered. Having to keep up with the many kinds of smartphone physical case shapes and sizes would hinder market penetration. But, a separate RF box on your belt, in your car, or on a hilltop connected by bluetooth/wifi/WAN to your LTE phone running an app doesn't seem far fetched.
NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Post by NSPD »

I was able to contact the company for more information, they responded that the product would be released "next year" with a tentative price of $199 for the entry unit, and public safety units starting at $600.

It appears that the parent company's website is www.BriComSolutions.net
Jake
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

P25 and encryption for 600 bucks

Yeah right, vaporware IMHO
NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Post by NSPD »

And if not, starting keyword.

I'm super interested... I need a good VRS radio so I don't have to resort to a CLP1060.
Jake

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”