German made mobile from yesteryear.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

John G

German made mobile from yesteryear.

Post by John G »

Years ago, Motorola Germany made a small mobile that used either MX300 modules or something similar. I have seen a few at hamfests but it has been a long time and I can't remember the model. I seem to remember having gotten one in a load of junk once and the pot metal housing was already badly deteriorated. Google was not my friend when I attempted to find anything about them. Does anyone remember what they were called or where I might find some information? Thanks in advance.
RFguy

Re: German made mobile from yesteryear.

Post by RFguy »

That sounds vaugley familiar. I seem to recall a slim mobile with a paddle type toggle switch and maybe a single led for channel number. It had portable module inside with a PA.

I also recall it had a real slim microphone. it was long and narrow. Very unique
mikegilbert
What radios do you own?: All of them

Post by mikegilbert »

Are you thinking of the Maxar?

John G

Post by John G »

No. it wasn't a Maxar 50. It was slimmer and wider. The case was metal and, if memory serves, it had a single LED for the channel selection. That Maxar 50 was a cute little radio. Had one briefly. Sold it before I even got a chance to check it out.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Like John says, not the Maxar 50, but the mic was in the same form factor, but not black. Maybe grey with some metal.
John G

Post by John G »

Come to think of it, I don't recall ever seeing one with the microphone attached. I don't remember the antenna connector either. Seems it may have been a TNC, or maybe an N type. I can't recall if they were made in UHF or not. Seems all the ones I ever saw were VHF.
WB6NVH

Post by WB6NVH »

I believe this was called the MC Micro (?) First generation model. European market only. Apparently someone had a ton of them at Dayton once upon a time and the ones in this country seem to have gotten here that way as they weren't sold new here.

I looked at Google images and the MC Micro photos there look like a Spectra. But I think there was a much earlier one that looked like what is being described. Can't say for sure.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”