XPR5550 frozen on power up

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mlosapio
New User

XPR5550 frozen on power up

Post by mlosapio »

I've got myself an XPR5550 that powers on but won't get past the "Motorola" screen on the display head. I tried reading/updating the radio but I get an error (forget what it was exectly) but effectively saying that it cannot connect to the radio (communications error and not something about mismatched software versions or anything like that).

I did tear down the unit and put it back together (nothing really to it) and removed the GPS/Bluetooth module and am waiting to retest (ran out of time today) but if anyone has any idea's - I'd really appreciate it. Sort of the 3 ribbon cables potentially not seating correctly there really isn't many "handles to jiggle" on those units.

Was also hoping maybe there's a hidden debug mode that might give me some additional info?

TIA
nukedude
What radios do you own?: Many Motorola's

Re: XPR5550 frozen on power up

Post by nukedude »

Will it let you go through any menus on the front panel display?

Pressing "OK" then up and down arrows?

It very well could be mismatch in software between the remote head and the radio if you can't get anything past the "Motorola" screen. If you bought this from a dealer, I would throw it back at them.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Sounds like the radio is programmed for ignition sense

Put 12V on the ignition sense pin and report your findings
mlosapio
New User

Post by mlosapio »

So I had some time to tinker with it - It appears to be a 5350 with a 5550 head attached. It reads, writes, Tx's and Rx's with the 5550 control head but none of the buttons work and the display is stuck.

Anyone know of a way to get the 5350 to drive the multi-line color display of the 5550. I confirmed the control head works fine (hooked it to an actual 5550. I hunted around in the CPS but couldn't find anything to enable "advanced display"

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”