CDM1550 Question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

STEVE W

CDM1550 Question

Post by STEVE W »

I have two cdm1550's in my truck, in the cold weather we have been having in wny the vhf radio whichis not used much even when at full voltage with motor running, when I press the PTT button I get the low voltage beep and then I have to press it several times before it works properly. It is like the vhf does not like the cold but the uhf is ok with it. Any ideas or is this something normal with some cdms
Thanks
Last edited by d119 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed subject issue.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: CDM!%%) QUESTION

Post by SteveC0625 »

STEVE W wrote:I have two cdm1550's in my truck, in the cold weather we have been having in wny the vhf radio whichis not used much even when at full voltage with motor running, when I press the PTT button I get the low voltage beep and then I have to press it several times before it works properly. It is like the vhf does not like the cold but the uhf is ok with it. Any ideas or is this something normal with some cdms
Thanks
First thing I'd do is check all the connections and wiring between the battery and the radio, both hot and ground. Sounds like a corroded or oxidized connection.
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

CDM!%%)

I feel that way about them too, sometimes ;)
nukedude
What radios do you own?: Many Motorola's

Post by nukedude »

+1. I use a stack of CDM1550LS+ radios in my truck. UHF and VHF. When one of mine was acting up, the connector for positive main power was vibrating loose. Ignition sense power was still tight.

Mine was UHF, but the CDM series is flakey. Mine are the older models wit less memory. Great for the few channels I actually use though.
STEVE W

Post by STEVE W »

please explain!!!!
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

STEVE W wrote:please explain!!!!
Please explain what?
STEVE W

Post by STEVE W »

that was for jackhackett
STEVE W

Post by STEVE W »

that was for jackhackett
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

When you typed CDM1550 you held down the shift key so it says CDM!%%) so I thought you were cursing at it. :lol:

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”