Programming the Quantar

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mogman

Programming the Quantar

Post by mogman »

I have picked up a couple high band Quantars to be used as 2 meter repeaters and need a little advice.
I tried to load some of the older RSS that was "out there" and could not get it to run, so I went to my local "sympathetic" professional contact and he hooked me up with R14.12.00 and it seems to run fine, BUT he warned me that when I try to read the radio it will do a code plug "upgrade" and I will no longer be able to read/write to the radio with any RSS that is older, he did not think this RSS can be programmed for out of band frequencies.
SO the $64,000.00 question is he correct? if he is, is there another RSS I need to look for?
Thanks in advance as you folks have always steered my in the right direction!!
Astro Spectra

Re: Programming the Quantar

Post by Astro Spectra »

Any Quantar RSS up to R14.11.00 supports out of band. However, the R14.11.00 version enforces 12.5 kHz channel spacing parameters. The previous version, R14.10.00, did not. You can patch the latest version. This does not matter for P25 operation but will be a problem for amateur use.

I was not aware of R14.12.00 but I would assume the same thing applies. Can you confirm what you have is 14.12?
mogman

Post by mogman »

That is what it said on the top of the install window, R14.12.00
I am going to try the dos RSS again.
mogman

Post by mogman »

I got R13 working, read the 1st radio and can program OOB frequencies, problem solved.
I wonder if all radios can do P25 and can it be programmed with R13. ??
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Post by KG4INW »

Astro Spectra wrote:I was not aware of R14.12.00 but I would assume the same thing applies. Can you confirm what you have is 14.12?
R14.12.00 is current as of 18 Dec 2014, at least according to MOL, FYI.

Return to “Radio Programming”