WATCHBUDDY/APCOSYSTEM, etc. is BACK on eBAY - BEWARE!!!!

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

astrotac

WATCHBUDDY/APCOSYSTEM, etc. is BACK on eBAY - BEWARE!!!!

Post by astrotac »

They are using the following username on eBAY:

kickitinn

Auctions have the same misspellings ("This radio has not see any field use."), phrases ("The unit powers-up and functions exactly as it should and is guaranteed not to be DOA."), and look (radio has plastic sheet over the display) as watchbuddy and apcosystem.

Interesting guarantees of overnight delivery the same day payment arrives....hmmph!!
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Is there a reason we should beware? You stated who he was and what his auctions were but not what the problem is. Plenty of people have bought his stuff and are satisfied. Perhaps some explanation would be helpful... or do you just not like him? It is odd that you signed up just to post that.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
MarkHam2B

Post by MarkHam2B »

What ever moniker Nick uses, it doesn't change my experiences in dealing with him:
1 - I purchased two (2) 'handbuilt' Astro Radios. Last year I purchased an XTS 3000. It arrived overnight, on a Saturday no less. It was exactly as advertised. When I had a problem with an element in the flashcode, Nick gladly accepted it, postage paid!

2 - This year I purchased a "kickitinn" Astro Saber. Not only has this radio exceeded my expectations in probably the toughest urban environment in this country, but it is something that I can faithfully rely on day in and day out. Again, this radio was shipped to me overnight, even before my personal check had cleared the bank, arriving on a Saturday.

When my XTS was being "built", Nick did inform me that there were boards that though passable, weren't satisfactory to him in terms of my anticipated use. I accepted his explanation for the delay, and admittedly was wondering if I was just being blown off, with the end result being totally content with his product.

I am an extremely satisfied repeat buyer. Professional users that I have referred to him are also equally as satisfied. I am not discounting the experience of others, but I honestly have to wonder why they have had so many problems.

Regards,
Mark Valera

-Remember the Twin Towers 09-11-2001
Dr Mahathir

Nicks Radios

Post by Dr Mahathir »

Nicks radios and service kick ass he is the best!!!!!!

And before you ask, he is not my boy friend!!!!!!!!!!

Leave the man alone he is doing us all a service.

Kind Regards

The Good Doctor
metro121

Post by metro121 »

Did not anyone notice that "astrotac" just joined the forum May 21, 2003 ??????
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

I'm w/ Metro... astrotac = Astro_Saber?

alex, Monty, Bat?

tpg
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

I dunno guys, I've been watching the thread on Nick as I've wanted an AS3. Both 'Watchbuddy' and 'Apcosystem' if those were his EBay user
accounts both say 'Not A Registerted User', wording which I've seen used before by EBay when they SUSPENDED an account. On top of it 'Apcosystem' had elected to have his feedback comments private.
THREE VERY BIG WHY's ??????????????
jcobb

Post by jcobb »

Then don't buy from him. Let the rest of us get the good deals.

Thanks for your support.

Jack

alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Personally I'm sick of the nick threads here. There are so many, that I'm about to create one, and that's were you post it.

ENOUGH ALREADY!

Probably close to 500 posts out of the total on this board are nick this and nick that.

You can find enough information about the person and should have enough common sense to figure out who is who on ebay. Obviously the person selling "new, parts built" radios is probably Nick. Infact, if you email him, I'm sure he'd even tell you it's him!

Common people,

ENOUGH!. please.

-Alex

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”