Astro XTS3000 Text Messaging Trunking IR System HELP

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dbmng

Astro XTS3000 Text Messaging Trunking IR System HELP

Post by dbmng »

Does anyone know if the xts3000 is capable of receiving free text messages (not caned)? We are using XTS3000 portables in a astro digital trunking mode, I would like to be able to send text messages to these portables. Can this be done? is there some type of interface from a pc (application programming interface) to the system? My goal here is to be able to send police assignments to the radios via a text message directly from our dispatch system. Think of the concept like a text pager or Nextel text message. We are using a six channel astro smart zone trunking system, BUT we do not have a controller, the system is a standalone Intelligent Repeater Site (IR). Is there some way to interface to the com port in the back of the Quantar to pass the data on the control channel? This would be a great accomplishment if it could be done.

Thanks for your help.

Dave
JohnG

Post by JohnG »

Text paging to the XTS series of radios is not a supported system feature.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

I THINK that's a future system thing for the XTS5000/XTL's. I remember reading something about it awhile ago. I belive that the current XTS3000/3500 will not be able to do it at all.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”