MTX 8000 Type II trunking

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

BigTex1136
What radios do you own?: XTS APX VIKING KENWOOD

MTX 8000 Type II trunking

Post by BigTex1136 »

OK so I got one for you guys, I have a Motorola MTX 8000 all programed up on a type II system. I put the right key in the right radio ID and the connect tone. I can RX just fine but when I try and key up..... Nothing. Its trying to TX the light blinks and then I just get the long tone. I have 4 other radios that work just fine. So I am lost. I can TX simplex just fine. This radio just don't like the trunking system for whatever reason. Anyone have any ideas???
GOT MODAT?
desperado
What radios do you own?: Motorola

Re: MTX 8000 Type II trunking

Post by desperado »

If the system you are on has been rebanded, then it's being given a channel that is not in your radio.
The radio can NOT be rebanded, but if you are a in luck either way. Right now those radios are worth a bit of money.

The folks that are rebanding their systems are looking for radios that can be traded in on radios in the rebanding process that will NOT reband.

Ebay that old thing and get a few bucks,, it's a buyers market.
Keith
CET USMSS
Field Tech
What more can I say
desperado
What radios do you own?: Motorola

Post by desperado »

Otherwise, the ID is turned off in the system, and you are hung unless you can get the ID re-enabled.
Keith
CET USMSS
Field Tech
What more can I say
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

IF the system has not been rebanded, AND the ID is valid, it could be an alignment issue.
BigTex1136
What radios do you own?: XTS APX VIKING KENWOOD

Post by BigTex1136 »

System has not been rebanded yet and I called and checked on the ID today. ID is good so... Alignment issue maybe thats getting little out of my leage or is it. How hard is it to check that?
GOT MODAT?
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

Well the proper way would be with the programming cable with the round test port, plugged into the test box going to a service monitor.

I would start with frequency though, using an off the shelf frequency counter, but i suspect that its going to be deviation and compensation that is your issue.

I would check with a local radio shop and see if they have the stuff to align it.
Spiffy50

Post by Spiffy50 »

Also check that you're using the right offset setting. I believe there's the option in Trunking System Settings to change it from 45MHz to 39MHz. If it is set wrong, the radio will be trying to transmit 6 MHz too low and obviously not work.

Return to “Radio Programming”