Programming the mostar radio

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

garyser

Programming the mostar radio

Post by garyser »

I have been trying to program a mostar uhf radio using the Epson HX20 computer. The computer has all the correct mostar tapes. I can program the radios with the small connector on the radios top board, using the YLN4351A computer to radio cable. I cannot program the radios with the large connector on the radios top board. I have tried cables number 01-80357A62 and 01-80354A01. The YLN4351A cable has a small box attaching the cable to radio and computer. The 01-80357A62 and 01-80354A01 cables are just ribbon cables. Does anyone have any iteas? Please let me know. Thanks Gary.
Andy Brinkley
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: FMR80D and a Motrac with Scan

Re: Programming the mostar radio

Post by Andy Brinkley »

Gary -

The VHF and UHF Mostar command boards came in 2 flavors - the NVR (usually a red board) with "small connector" and the display model (usually a green board) with the "large connector". They required different programs (cassettes) and cables to program each variety of radio.

The Display models (large connector) used the 01-80357A62 cable with the 01-80366B06 mini cassette (marked Mostar Display / EEPROM)

The NVR models (small connector) used the YLN4351A cable with the 01-80357A51 mini cassette (marked Mostar -EEPROM)

Also sometime the eeprom just won't program and you will have to replace it.

Hope this helps.
Andy / NC4AB
GlennD

Post by GlennD »

Mostar, Please. Bin that puppy now!
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

GlennD wrote:Mostar, Please. Bin that puppy now!
+1. They aren't even heavy enough to make good tent stakes, like a Mitrek does...

Return to “Radio Programming”