XTS5000 Master Squelch Setting

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MTS2000
What radios do you own?: HT1550, XTS3000, XTS5000

XTS5000 Master Squelch Setting

Post by MTS2000 »

How do I access the radios Master Squelch Setting? Do I access it through the Tuning software of is there a screen in the CPS that allows you to change it? The reason I ask is that I have a UHF model were I'm getting a lot of squelch crash on channels that I have set for carrier squelch set for receive. I have the squelch Fine Tune set at 6 right now but that doesn't seem to help.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dave
mike m

Re: XTS5000 Master Squelch Setting

Post by mike m »

As you have discovered there isn' t a global squelch setting, each personality has its own setting. You' ll find it in Astro25 cps under conventional, conventional personality, RxOptions. Squelch fine tune. Each personality has its own squelch setting.

Your issue sounds like your unmute/ mute type or the unmute delay time which can be found in the same screen as the squelch fine tune.
MTS2000
What radios do you own?: HT1550, XTS3000, XTS5000

Post by MTS2000 »

Well I have a VHF model that has the same squelch settings and it doesn't have the same squelch issue that the UHF model does.

But I will look at the unmute rules and times.

Thanks
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

FWIW, most of my astro gear is set for 2 or 3 on every channel...using standard unmute. Works very well on CSQ and PL channels.

May not be all that bad to throw on a service monitor as well if available.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
mike m

Post by mike m »

Is this a new radio? Or a used one?
If the rx unmute/ mute doesn't resolve the problem then I would suspect an alignment problem as PJ brings up or even a loose RF shield over the RF board.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”