MTS2000 weirdness

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

MTS2000 weirdness

Post by N4KVE »

I have a bunch of MTS2000's & XTS3000's. For years I have been programming them successfully with the factory cable, & a Radio Stew rib. 6 months ago I bought a factory XTS5000 cable from a friend, & he threw in a Maxton ribless cable for the MTX/XTS. So because it's so much easier, & have been programming my Jedi's, & 3000's with the Maxton cable. I needed to add a freq to the whole fleet, & they all worked, except 1 particular MTS radio. I figured no problem, that one radio won't get the new freq. A week later I was thinking I never had a problem with that radio, but that radio was fw 5.41, which many say won't work with recent CPS, but this radio has always worked with CPS. So I thought the only change was the ribless cable. So today I tried with the factory cable & rib. No problem. I guess the older fw doesn't play well with the ribless cable. I am posting this should anyone else have this problem. GARY

Return to “Radio Programming”