MTS2000 direct won't work

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

frc
New User
What radios do you own?: Icom IC-V82, MTS2000

MTS2000 direct won't work

Post by frc »

Hello all! I-'m new here and new in the world of radios. I work for Red Cross in northern Europe as a first aid team leader and I organize the local first response.

Our group decided to buy new radios to replace te older ones from the 70s. We bought US made MTS2000s on 800 MHz band, model III with SmartZone system. I managed to program conventional channels using the latest version of the CPS. I programmed only 1 channel for the beginning using direct frequency 852.0000. Then I started adding functions and more personalities, channels and zones to the radio. All channels had the same type direct frequency with PL code 5A, but then the radios stopped to work end-to-end.

Where is the problem? I put one listen only channel and one radio to transmit to the frequency and the radios received it. Then I tried them to work together on a direct freq channel, TX light turned on but none of the other radios received.

FW 06.11 and flashcode 200008-000000-8.

Return to “Radio Programming”