PM400 with an Amplified Speaker

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KC9LEA
New User
What radios do you own?: APX7000R, Various XTS & XTL's

PM400 with an Amplified Speaker

Post by KC9LEA »

Have a customer that has an existing PM400 as a dispatch radio, and wants to add an external amplified speaker so the mechanics in the garage can hear the radio, along with the dispatcher in the office(using the internal speaker). The speaker they provided is a HSN4035C. We clipped the MCS style speaker connector off, wired it up to the PM400 on pins 1 and 16 in the back, and we arent getting any audio(yes its powered on). We tested the pins with a regular motorola external speaker and it works fine. Anyone have any input on why we arent getting any audio out of the amp speaker?

Thanks In Advance!!
I wear short sleeve shirts, under long sleeve shirts, under short sleeve shirts.
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Re: PM400 with an Amplified Speaker

Post by RadioSouth »

Audio wires from PM400 to amplified speaker correctly polarized ? (Would fire standalone speaker either way but might be a no go to the amp).
KC9LEA
New User
What radios do you own?: APX7000R, Various XTS & XTL's

Re: PM400 with an Amplified Speaker

Post by KC9LEA »

I believe it is, but if anyone has a pinout, it would be greatly appreciated.
I wear short sleeve shirts, under long sleeve shirts, under short sleeve shirts.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”