GP300 Extended Band Limits

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

HVACQ54
New User

GP300 Extended Band Limits

Post by HVACQ54 »

Hello All,

I tried following the version two hack found on the batlab site for the GP300. I am trying to receive a frequency in the 482-483 mhz range. When I try the shift key trick, the highest it will allow me to enter is 480.00. Anything above that, the RSS reports that the range must be between 433 and 480 mhz.

I tried modifying the bandsplit in the MDF file by changing the bits at offset 402. First I ran a checksum-16 and got 3CB1. The instructions say to find the hex values 94 11 as the lower limit, and 5C 12 as the upper limit, amounting to 4500 and 4700 (reversing the bits) I changed all three occurances of bit 5C 12 to to F2 12 (12 F2 should be 4850, then reverse the bits to enter into the MDF file) I then modified some of what I felt were insignificant bits to get the proper checksum, which matched.

I then saved, and pasted the MDF into the proper directory, and ran the software. I was able to open saved codeplugs, and read from the radio. But, alas, the band split was not changed at all.

One can download the files here https://yellinlawoffice.tonidoid.com/urlucvcla. The original (though the original was modified for 16 channels) and then the band split modified MDF files for people to review.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Radio Programming”