DTR650 no power- capcitor condenser?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

borjawil
New User

DTR650 no power- capcitor condenser?

Post by borjawil »

Hey everyone, first post. I have a Motorola DTR650 that will not turn on with a good battery or plug through the bottom or docking station. Heard something rattling inside so I took it apart. Small piece of plastic floating around it seems. Pretty small, seems insignificant. However, I see there is a round (broken) "thing" with copper wire wound inside of it. I can make out the last part of a "4" and then 72 on top of it. It is located near the bottom left corn looking at the back of the radio. Any ideas if this is the cause? If so what is it and what can I use to replace it? I have no problem using a soldering iron. Also a picture of the radio's board would be helpful to determine if something else is amiss.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”