Motorola ADP question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

saberthree
New User

Motorola ADP question

Post by saberthree »

Hey All, I have a XTS4K Secure version. This is the first time I am programming a civilian radio, I'm used to filling the harris or thales radios. Anyway, I would like to program ADP keys through the CPS. From what I understand, once I use software programming I cannot use a KVL to fill the other keys like AES or DES unless I turn off software programming for ADP? My curiosity is if I enable ADP through software,and fill it, will my other keys be erased? for example, I want to use ADP for now, but if I disable it, will my AES keys I programmed through a KVL be deleted? or will it pop back up when I turn off ADP through software? I don't really have access to KVL locally, so its a pain it the butt to get it programmed. any insight would be much appreciated!

Return to “Radio Programming”