HT1250 Recase Expert

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

shael
New User

HT1250 Recase Expert

Post by shael »

Does anywhere on here handle case changes? I just failed - miserably - on my first attempt and would rather send it out than kill another HT1250.
BigTex1136
What radios do you own?: XTS APX VIKING KENWOOD

Re: HT1250 Recase Expert

Post by BigTex1136 »

I have done more then I car to admit. LOL they really are not to bad you just have to take your time
GOT MODAT?
Norman
New User

Post by Norman »

I've done three myself (limited keypad-to-full DTMF). As BigTex said, you have to go slowly. Now that you've been inside one, you know where the delicate areas are. If your replacement housing doesn't include the flex, you'll have to install one using new adhesive stickers on both sides. Not difficult, but not particularly rewarding or fun either.

Assuming all goes well, the only problem I've had with after-market housings is the 'nipple' on the end of the man-down button isn't always quite long enough to reach the top button. I have mine programmed for nuisanse delete. On those housings, you sometimes have to press quite hard to activate it.

Out of curiosity, how did you fail miserably? Did you break the clip for the flex?
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Just curious, was the replacement housing a genuine Motorola. or an EBay knockoff? This may have more to do with any issue you have than your skill doing the swap.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”