Help with Com Port on Toshiba....

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pacwire

Help with Com Port on Toshiba....

Post by pacwire »

I just received a Toshiba Sat 4015 PII, 266 MHZ computer. I an running Win98 Se. When trying to run the GP350 RSS, the software runs but can't communicate to the radio. What Can I do?

anyone successful with this?

Also tried HT1000 RSS same problem..

anyone know how I can check the UART settings?

Thanks in advanced for your help

E-mail me @
pacwire@hawaii.rr.com

Thanks!

Brian
Nand

Post by Nand »

For that computer, Toshiba says to not boot into DOS mode from Windows because the UART will not initialize correctly that way. They suggest that you boot into DOS using the F8 key at start up and select “command line only” from the menu.
Or you can just use a boot floppy with DOS on it and boot from it by holding down the correct key while booting. Likely the F key, it is in the manual.

Here is the info in their own words. The link is a bit large, I hope it works.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais ... ll.0&ct=SB

Also check the BIOS setting to make sure the serial port is enabled if needed.

Nand.
pacwire

Help with Comm Port on Toshiba....

Post by pacwire »

:D Thanks for this bulletin...I will try it out and let you know.

Brian
elkbow

Post by elkbow »

One other thing you can try, go into the c: drive under windows and look for a file called something like 'MSDOSforgameswithXMS/EMSsupport'. Create and Icon from this and double click, it will reboot your system in DOS mode and slow down the serial port.
Will

Post by Will »

Also some Tosiba's have an issue with the voltage swing at the serial port with the RIB connected.
It may be nessary the change a couple of resistor values in the RIB to correct for loading.
Nand

Post by Nand »

Return to “Radio Programming”