SIM hardware key?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Code636
What radios do you own?: MTS/MCS2000

Post by Code636 »

asked about it before, but all i got was a link to treport. i wish to monitor sytem i work for. we use SIM there ( smartnet info processor ) it displays radio ids and groups. i have software and access to the rf modem for it., but need to get DB25 hardware key for it.
DoPpleGAngEr

Post by DoPpleGAngEr »

On 2002-01-04 09:06, Code636 wrote:
asked about it before, but all i got was a link to treport. i wish to monitor sytem i work for. we use SIM there ( smartnet info processor ) it displays radio ids and groups. i have software and access to the rf modem for it., but need to get DB25 hardware key for it.
Call the SSC, if you're the authorized legit
user, they'll send you a new dongle to plug
in.
xmo

Post by xmo »

Basically Motorola charges the full license fee for each individual "Smartnet Terminal" product such as SIP or System Watch.

In the case of System Watch - you can order it without the computer and RF modem - they send you a manual, the software disk and the dongle. You can probably order the license & dongle for SIP to go with the hardware you have.

Of course - the reason for the dongle is to make sure you pay for every one of these you have running! In the case of System Watch - that dongle is worth about $5000.
Code636

Post by Code636 »

SSC???? whatever. It would cost the same to get another dongle as well as software, so why would i be asking about hardware pin-outs if i just wanted to buy another. sorta defeats the purpose of batlabs page even being here, numnuts! gee...lets delete the rib and cable pages and buy from moto if its all legit, cause their prices are so `just and fair' and everyone can afford it, cause we're all fabously wealthy, thats why we're here reading the info, hm?
Ok, I bow to our obviously superior intellect of a post about purchaseing one.
Yeesh.... i guess i should'a thought of that.
xmo

Post by xmo »

Perhaps you should seek a more discreet forum if you are asking for someone to assist you in committing a felony.
Code636

Post by Code636 »

oh, xmo...you are quite brilliant. i guess i should have stated its only for informational purposes only. like batlabs request for info on FTR keys. ill let elroy know that they should never use anything they build or touch it, because poessision of the `hardware' is a FELONY?? what about ribs?? anyone own a RIB clone?? guess thats a felony to, cause its hardware and of course no one will use one, because poessision of it would constitute `INTENT' to commit a felony, hm?? I dont remember asking for RSS or software, did I? that would be wrong, but i guess ill throw away my polaris RIB and let them know their product is a felony?? hm...or maybe that little fact that as long as a piece of `HARDWARE' is not an exact copy, its legal? gee, i guess that blows the `FELONY' out of the water? my post was for the pin-outs only...like anyone asking for a rib or cable. I guess if i asked for a spectra cable pin-out id be asking for help to commit a `FELONY'? take a reality check, bub..rest assured, if i get info on SIM key, i'll make sure it doesnt violate Moto's copyright law, if built, so no `FELONY' will be commited...and in no way was I asking anyone to do anything that would constitue a felony in any shape or form, and if any was implied, i apoligize to this forum. Hopefully, all the cables and rib schematics wont be yanked off this site, since the `HARDWARE' info, by using it is a felony.

sad, sad time...guess i'll throw away all my cables and RIB's for fear of the `Hardware Police'! ~cringe cringe~~ :smile:
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

If all your looking for is to look at the traffic on the system, Trunktracker will do the same. All you need to do is build a data slicer. This takes the data channel audio from a receiver discriminator and makes it into RS232.

The program is available from the trunkedradio.net site. It will show you the user ID that made the transmission, the system ID, the talk group, what the adjacent site control channels are. There is more info available in this program.

The program places all this information into files that are saved on the computer. You will need a computer that has at least 100 Mhz. clock speed. Faster is better, just depends how much traffic is on the trunked system your trying to listen to.

You can map out a new unknow system in a short time. A pad of paper to jot down notes and away you go. Best part of it, it's free. Only cost you the time to build the data slicer from a small handful of crap shack parts. Make up the cable from the data slicer to the 9 pin serial port on your computer. Uses the power from the serial port to run the data slicer.

Jim
Code636

Post by Code636 »

well, that does help a lot, but not any good at building perf-boards...anyone know of a place that you can buy one assembled? a DB25 dongle is simpler to build, but for what im wanting, that would be fine also. any help on that aspect would be appreciated also.

thanks
Salem The Cat

Post by Salem The Cat »

On 2002-01-04 21:52, Code636 wrote:

---snipped---
my post was for the pin-outs only...
---snipped---
Reread your post, you said you want the
hardware key. The other poster is correct,
if you're the authorized licensee, just
contacting the SSC will provide you with
a new hardware key.

From the way you got your panties up in
a bind, it would seem you've got copies
of pirated software (why else would you
be reluctant to contact the SSC?) - and
you're just looking to circumvent the IP
protection function of that hardware key.

Everything else you mention is completely
irrelevant. If you want to run your SIP/SW,
whatever - and you are the original license
grantee, then just call 1-800-221-7144, and
they will happily replace your lost key.

Otherwise, don't sugarcoat the fact you're
playing with a pirated copy of software and
want us to help you make it work. And I for
one don't plan on helping some 'numb-nut'
gain unauthorized ability to mess with my
radios (ie. inhibit, regroup, etc).

Besides, there are other free-ware programs
that are actually superior to the OEM
product if you're on the level and all you
want to do is "monitor".
Code636

Post by Code636 »

gee, salem, you must have mis-read my reply, hm? For your info, not that you need it, i am licensed w/ MTSX RSS for our MTS2000 radios. my personnal radio is setup w/ my dept's freq's, and even have an assigned ID number!! whoa....figure that. I just dont like running a portable and having to watch the LCD screen when i want to see whos calling or if i miss something. there's a logging capability for it to check if i need. makes it a lot simpler. so `if all i want to do is really monitor', then i can stare at a itty-bitty LCD all the time and hurt my eyes. gee...thats much more fun for me. All i asked for was a little help for a hardware key, and i guess if i call moto and ask for a replacement dongle, it'll be free...suuuuurreee...moto's known for sending free hardware, arent they? but even if they just charged shipping& handling, i could still build one cheaper!!
Now, my original post was for help w/ pin-out. if noone has anything productive to add, and salem doesnt get her `panties in a wad', then enough. God help you if you want help on some hardware here, like its for. the dongle for toolkit is here, and i dont see whinin' about it, so why should this be different?
in ending...if you dont want to help, dont reply. if i need paranoia about Motorola, i'll just read my RSS License Agreement I SIGNED!!
thanks,
and hugs and kisses to all who remind me of big brother. like i really need more stress?
Twisted_Pear
Batboard $upporter

Post by Twisted_Pear »

There's no where you will find a place where you can buy a product to circumvent the dongle needed because it's illegal. You would have to build it. If a slicer is so difficult to build your best bet is to trash the software you have. Motorola doesn't care if you are a legitimate subscriber on the system and own RSS. So you can program a radio...woo-peee! If you're authorized by the systems administrator they'll help you. Obviously you are not. No one here will help you publicly crack a dongle. Hello McFly!

Just like there is software out there to illegitimately upgrade radios there is a hacked version of SWII. Considering your attitude I have nothing more to say about it.

I am the person who writes Treport. If that doesn't do enough for you try Trunker. Both of those do the same if not more and they are legal to use! I've tried to make Treport as good as SWII, if not better, and I always solicite ways to make it better. You do know you can buy a slicer circuit right? Thats what I'd recommend you do.
Code636

Post by Code636 »

ok, im tired of this. if twisted thinks i have an attitude, maybe i do after all this. like i said, this was to be nothing more than a `caller-id' type of thing. so theres a SWII out there? not sure what it is, but could care less as of now. as for treport not being `good enough',well, im sure it prob. is good enough. so lets just set this straight once and for all:
If i use treport, ill have to buy a trunking scanner to use the software. at least $200 for a good one. software w/ dongle wouldnt cost much more. however, i have the equipment lying around, so my cost: $0.00 reason i `would have' wanted it: to keep from having to look at little display on radio. monitor much better on eyes. i have rss `whoopee', my sentiments exactly..i already have access..legit on top of it..but Sys. Adm. should help me if legit? have offered, but dongle is a `sealed unit', and im not using a dremel tool just to open it. not interested in accidentally damaging it. software, for your info, not that you need any of that info, has passwords in it to keep unauthorized access to things like Tx Inhibit and Regrouping. rest assured, for safety, these are not disclosed to anyone. duh! I have an attitude, so you feel necessary to tempt me w/ this knowlodge and not help me. well, i appreciate this info, and its because of people like you that make this place so much fun. like i posted earlier...you cant help, dont post. this is turning into a flame war, and this is not what this board is for. got a problem w/ this info? email me direct and we'll hash it out, but not on this forum. ive explained why, but all i get is criticism and told to spend lots of money on aftermarket. as you should have seen from an earlier post, i had pretty much resigned myself to that, but seems everyone wants a pi$$ing contest here.
fine. I guess im sorry for asking for help here, how dare i think people on this board like you would help. i get accused of wanting stuff for less than legit purposes?? so i reply with why, and get more grief? K you keep your treport and `hacked' software knowlodge. i'll just settle looking at radio for ID's. Christ, reply back to this post if you want, im through reading it myself..its turned self defeating.
Guess just blame it on my `Attitude' that you people gave me. Didnt have one before, but you were kind enough to bring it out. And again, thanks for the `Software' you want to smirk about, keep it.. wouldn't be worth it to me now.
Thanks for all your wonderful help and genorosity, you should be proud with your posts and reasons behind them.
~nuff' said~
Some defeats are better than victories; unfortunately, some victories are worse then defeats.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”