Astro Spectra part needed

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ExKa|iBuR
Suspended TFN

Astro Spectra part needed

Post by ExKa|iBuR »

Hey all.

I'm looking for a part for an Astro Spectra head.

It's the plastic "window" that covers the display and says "Motorola Astro Spectra" on it.

It's for the "W4" style head (Rotary Mode and Volume knobs)

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on said part? I've called a few local radio shops here in Toronto, but none have gotten back to me yet.

I'm also in need of the Red "EMERG" button and the yellow "VRS" button for the same radio.

If anybody on here has them in stock, PM me a price, and I'd be interested in ordering them from you.

Thanks!

-Mike
motisking
Batboard $upporter

Astro Parts

Post by motisking »

I believe you have to replace the entire faceplate. I will be in the office tomorrow (10-22-03). Please advise if you still need the parts.
ExKa|iBuR
Suspended TFN

Post by ExKa|iBuR »

*bump*

Anybody? :)

Still looking for either just the plastic window, or the entire plastic face assembly.

-Mike
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Ok... here is my story.

You can't get one.

I ordered and yelled at parts ID for two weeks. I ordered a replacement W9 faceplate, and none of them would have ASTRO on them. They all come without the "ASTRO". Part numbers matched up.

So I ask them, where do the faceplates with the "ASTRO" come from.

They said: That part number.

In the end, another memeber had a W9 head and I have an A9 that he needed so we swapped.

However, the XTL5000 faceplate is believed to be black instead of M brown, and should fit. Most likely will have ASTRO on it. If its mounted in a console, the black should look better. I may order one for my A7 to test it.

** and of course, after I typed all that you need the W4 version. May or may not be the same deal. The part numbers are:

1502117Z07 - Mobile
1502117Z08 - Motorcycle
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
ExKa|iBuR
Suspended TFN

Post by ExKa|iBuR »

I've got a picture of a W4 head, as well as seen several of them - they do have the Motorola ASTRO labeling on them...

The XTL5000, from what I've heard, accepts heads from the Astro Spectra Plus, so I don't think they'd be any different, except maybe colour.

Black would definatly kick arse.

-Mike
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

I may have not been clear, but I know for a fact that the REPLACEMENT W9 head WILL NOT have the Astro logo on it. Don't ask me why, but that's just the way it works. Sucks really. Like I said, some of the replacement Wx series have come in with and without the logo. M needs to do some streamlining!
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Bugs Bunny

Post by Bugs Bunny »

No doubt this is the same reason why you can not order an Astro escutcheon for a portable either from national parts. I was told this was a factory item only.

Bugs

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”