simplex repeater

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

DAL-COM

simplex repeater

Post by DAL-COM »

Suggestions needed for vendors of a digital storage device that can be added to a base station to create a simplex repeater. This is sometimes done to repeat pages for fire depts I believe. It would have to include a two-tone decoder in this case.
"depending on your point of view, either the changing magnetic flux makes the electric field, or the changing electric flux makes the magnetic field- but you can't have one without the other"
Jonathan KC8RYW

Post by Jonathan KC8RYW »

I've seen plans for making a simple PC computer do this.

I believe I saw them at: http://gbppr.dyndns.org/PROJ/ , except that their site is down at the moment that I am writing this.

On second thought.. since this is for public safety.. better use something that actually has a solid maker behind it.
73 DE KC8RYW
Random Motorola Part Number:
SYN1894B - V3m Sprint-branded Battery Cover
Nand

Post by Nand »

http://www.zetron.com/pages/english/products/m55.html

I believe this one will do it but I haven't used it myself.

They used to have a simpler box to do this that could take the two tone decode from a Radius mobile. But that one isn’t available any longer.

Nand.
Nand

Post by Nand »

http://www.zetron.com/pages/english/products/m55.html

I believe this one will do it but I havens used it myself.

The used to have a simpler box to do this that could take the two tone decode from a Radius mobile. But that one isn’t available any longer.

Nand.
perthcom

Post by perthcom »

Hi
We have built what you are looking for.
- Decodes the Two-Tone page
- Records the voice message into digital memory
- Waits till transmitting carrier drops (or a time out period in case of interference)
- Keys local transmitter
- regenerates Two-tone Page
- Replays voice message.

Also it will
- Provide a local Two-Tone Page call button
- local Replay of last page received.

Is that what you are looking for?
8)
tc792

Post by tc792 »

I am looking for one of those also. Zetron used to make the model 19. According to them they stopped 3 years ago. The current models they have would repeat everything, not just pages.

Connect Systems makes a new gadget that will do the job (sure would like one). Cost is $400 for dealers plus you need a decoder and radio. Talk to Jerry with CSI he is top notch.
tc792

Post by tc792 »

Perthcom,
Can you give some specifics on cost?
thanks
Nand

Post by Nand »

Zetron used to make a model 20 with special firmware that would record a complete page, tones and voice. If an external two-tone decoder detected the proper tones it would retransmit the recording. If the tones were not detected before the carrier was dropped, it would clear the recording. Using this box with a GM300 that would trigger the alarm output with the proper tones worked very well without the need for an additional decoder.

I wonder why they quit making these. I will keep you in mind Perthcom.

Nand.
perthcom

Post by perthcom »

Hi
We designed and built these units as there was nothing on the market to do what the local FD's required. They are completely solid state, with no failures to date. (some in service since 1994)

I was always going to market my some of my designs, but everyday business seems to get in the way of getting things done!

TC792, can you private message me with your requirements and I can give you a cost on it.

Thanks
8)
DAL-COM

Post by DAL-COM »

Perthcomm, sounds interesting, will pm.
"depending on your point of view, either the changing magnetic flux makes the electric field, or the changing electric flux makes the magnetic field- but you can't have one without the other"

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”