Looking for Nick

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

otter9309

Looking for Nick

Post by otter9309 »

I am lookning for Nick, I have a radio I need some work on. Please e-mail if you have a number. I tried an 800# he sent me a while back, but it has been disconnected. I also tried a 818 area code and it was the wrong #.

Thanks
Steve
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

hmmm

Post by batdude »

well, still no working radios from him after about 5 months now...

don't feel alone.

doug
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

good luck.
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

hehe... half of nothing. nick always promised free lifetime repairs... great if he were to live forever... or not have shady business practices...

:wink:
2wayfreq
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 VHF, M-RK II UHF

Post by 2wayfreq »

Speaking of such; if anyone needs a source for the same type of things, I have a reliable person. PM me for details. I am among the many satisfied customers. (No kidding).!!
Radio Tech Troubleshooting Golden Rule #1: Check your connections
nitornemo

Post by nitornemo »

Nick is still around.
He missed his "escape from the shop" due to the fires and huge globs of melted hardline and turned into tinsel towers.
After rebuilding he "escaped". He's around, Don't give up.

My friend and I have had some long (and short) chats with Him, He's tired and VERY busy with his 3 shops-in 3 states.
The single radio sales/service are a side thing.

Heck I wait like everyone else for his radios, I waited almost 3 months for my first one(the thread is here somewhere).
BUT YOU KNOW WHAT....If I wanted faster service I could have called /\/\ and paid MSRP or full dealers cost and got an astro with IMBE only for FULL PRICE.

I never met Nick (missed him @ dayton '03) but he HAS come thru EVERYTIME for me and the owner of the shop I work with.
We've sent thousands of dollars to him and HE HAS delivered everytime.
We've sent thousands of dollars in radios to be serviced/upgraded and
he's "hit the mark" for us everytime.

All you have to do is look at your options;
FAST turn around = FULL PRICE /\/\ or
When Nick gets to it = AWSOME Price&Equipment.

I'm sorry for the rant but, I'm tired of seeing the :o flames.

soapbox <ocean frank>
Image For That Chewy-Gooey Tasting Radio system!
What radios do you own?: MT-500 with scan

Post by 123 »

So whats the word on Nick? Has anyone recieved radios from him lately? Like within the past 4 months!? I dont care to hear if you have talked to him,I want to know if anyone has gotten radios from him within 4 months of today.I talk to him to but I have yet to get anything he owes me.He used to be right on the money,but now I dont know!

Post by 123 »

If anyone else is waiting for shipments from Nick please post.At this time we are garthering information for possible charges against Nick or forcing him to refund all of our money owed .Thanks
nitornemo

Post by nitornemo »

Must have been tough for him then renting almost 1 thousand radios for some big show last week from jail....

:o Please!
r0f wrote:
Fraud is not cool, but it's possible he was busted and that's why he can't post. Maybe he's in jail?

S
nitornemo

Post by nitornemo »

Its personal but I will say this (and you can quote me :wink: )

1)Nick's 3 (thats THREE) shops are in full swing with RETAIL (Thats MSRP)Customers.
2)Nick is retiring...he's in the shop only once or twice a week at best.
3)I converse with him on a regular basis (received an email today @10:52AM EST)

LAST) If you send YOUR money to ANYONE (Bill/Joe/Jim/Bob/Nick/etc.)
and you do not receive product, send a REGISTERED letter to them with all the info you have (Tracking numbers-M/O-Check numbers etc) and request a refund.
If you were schooled well enough, you sent it via the US Mail with a US Postal M/O and tracked it. (Same..but different for you up there in the GreatWhiteNorth).
If you receive No reply with in two weeks, begin requesting the US Postal inspection services to follow up on this as well as whatever LE Agency you care to.

Like I said in post before...you want it in a week PAY FULL PRICE.

I'm on the East Coast...Nick is on the West, We bought a Quantar as well as 10 XTS's(This order)...we are waiting just like you....WHY? I DO NOT WANT TO PAY FULL PRICE!

<QRT :x >

r0f wrote:nitornemo,

Could you elaborate on your knowledge of this, for the benifit of the other members who've been waiting 4 months for radios, and are having their emails ignored by Nick?

Thanks

S
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

hmmm

Post by batdude »

nitornemo, i don't wanna :o on your parade there, but

7 months without product is ridiculous - i don't care if you're paying 10% of retail or 150%.

this is no longer a matter of inconvienience, it's a matter of fraud, deception and flat out LIES. i can't even count how many "your radios have shipped" or "your radios are shipping tomorrow" emails we've received from him.

key his direct connect, it'll go thru with no reply.

try again in a minute, user not avail... hmmm... turned it off, eh?

enjoy your quantar and xts's

maybe with that large of an order, he'll take care of you.

and - what really p/o's me here, is that there doesn't seem to be just one or two guys here who are out significant amounts of cash to Nick - no fewer than FOUR people have contacted me privately about not being able to get paid product from him. if he's so damned busy running the "3 radio shops", he sure was willing to take all this money people sent him.....

keep us posted if *your* radios arrive, everyone else just wants their money back.

yesterday, he told my buddy he would refund all of his money (minus some parts) via paypal.

do you think that happened?

HELL NO.

for everyone else who reads this thread (and all the others about him) - please, please, pretty please with sugar on top:

ONLY DEAL WITH THIS GUY ON A "COD" BASIS. AT LEAST THEN HE HAD TO AT LEAST PUT A BRICK IN A BOX AND MAIL IT.

doug
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

see my comments about Nick and his merry band of rude co-workers a few months back.

I think they still hold true.
"Some men just don't know their limitations"

Post by 123 »

I must agree with batdude,I have been waiting for 5 months now & I think he has been pretending to be someone else "Kevin" Anyway that doesnt matter because they always same the thing "Your radios are in the mail" "be to you by the end of this week" he has been telling me that :o for 5 damn months.He has used every excuse in the book,look on ebay "watchbuddy" user suspended.He owes me $3,636 .This is no chump change,therefore we all need to get together,exchange info & follow thru with a join lawsuit or criminal charges or both.This is crazy.I bet the address he gave me is not even a real house.

Post by 123 »

nitornemo I know you say you have been in contact with him on e-mail.I to have talked to him on e-mail & by phone.BUT he seems to always give the same excuses time & time agian for the past 5 months.He used to be good for his word over a year ago but I guess he could be in a $$ bind & using our money for it? But that shouldnt matter,he is knee deep in poop poop & ever since I have started my harsh words with him & stated I want my money back he has discon't contact with me.This leads me to believe that he is not wanting to please his custumers nor pay them back.The excuses he gives are all lies.He says he has shipped,I check?But no shipment reported to DHL like he states.He says he shipped to my buddies house by mistake & my buddy returned it.But yet I talk to my buddy everyday & he is also one of the people waiting for a radio,so why would he return the shipment?My buddy states no shipment ever came to his house & I also confirmed that with the shipping company which was UPS at the time,his lies leads me to believe that he has a underlying cause for fraud.Nick says he has this LARGE MSRP,renting radios,3 shops,40 employees,blah blah,but has anyone really seen his shop or the operation in person??
ke6iyc

Nick's last name, and state of residence?

Post by ke6iyc »

What is nicks last name, and state of residence?
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

If you can find Nick, then you've also found Jimmy Hoffa, Elvis and the passwords/keycodes to Area 51.
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

Deluca. California... or is that Kalleyfournia now.
-werdnuts

VoIP# BAT-CRAP (2727)
ke6iyc

Nick

Post by ke6iyc »

Thanx
ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

So Nick told me that he used to work for LAPD. I guess that's not true either.

Dan...

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Post by 123 »

Nichola DeLuca Is how he spelled it to me. Not "Deluca" Retired LAPD commander,he also advised me 1 week ago he was refunding my money & sending me a radio,we will see what happens.He advised me 2 weeks ago my secure modules were shipped,but then admitted he had not shipped anything yet,
otter9309

Post by otter9309 »

I did not mean to open a can of worms, I myself have had good dealings with Nick. I just needed some parts.

Steve

Post by 123 »

Maybe someone should pay a visit to his "Radio design" business. Does the address go to a empty field? :-? So many unanswered questions. I sure hope I am wrong about the guy.But I guess you never can really know someone till you dig
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

There is a huge, long line of very unhappy Nick customers. One of my friends got an XTS3000 UHF from him near the end of his sales a couple months ago. It was delivered on time via express mail as promised.

After that Nick's little business and his minions went to complete crap. I am so glad I never purchased radios from him, now, then or long ago.

Nick ruined the astro market by making everyone think their radios were worth 3 times what they really are, undermining the few legitimate factory radios that are available used, selling radios with bad firmware and illegal flashcodes and then completely screwing his customer base at the end.
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
scanman

Post by scanman »

nitornemo, W/ any and all due respect you are either full of :o or very naive. There are no shops and who do you think does nick's radio work? Not Nick!!!!! How do I know? Because I previously dealt w/ Nick on a regular basis. By the way, Bob works as a coca-cola delivery driver!!!! Nick is still around though he is laying very low. Could have something to do with the 7 page legal notice moto posted on their website that quoted Nick's ebay ads!!!!!!!!
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

Link?
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
ExKa|iBuR
Suspended TFN

Post by ExKa|iBuR »

How is a flashcode "illegal"?

I still think that Nick either works for, or used to work for Motorola, he seemed to have access to alot of parts at a pretty decent price.

Maybe his employer caught wind of his side-business and got pissed.

Has anyone thought of the fact that he's probably using a false-name? If I were dealing with that kind of thing, I sure as heck wouldn't use my real name.

-Mike
VoIP: BAT-MIKE (228-6453)

Are YOU hamsexy?

ATU# 312
scanman

Post by scanman »

If not Illegal why would you use an alias? I know who his wife is and where she works and funny how the last name is the same.
ExKa|iBuR
Suspended TFN

Post by ExKa|iBuR »

Maybe not illegal, but it's sure as heck questionable.

-Mike

Are YOU hamsexy?

ATU# 312
scanman

Post by scanman »

SO? If he is not doing anything illegal (as you Imply) why should he use an alias??????????????
ExKa|iBuR
Suspended TFN

Post by ExKa|iBuR »

Even if it is legal... I'd rather not have Motorola's legal team riding my backside trying to find something to screw me with. You KNOW what they are like.

-Mike

Are YOU hamsexy?

ATU# 312
nitornemo

Post by nitornemo »

Yes please,so us all that are very naive and/or full of :o can see this link .
007 wrote:Link?
scanman wrote:nitornemo, W/ any and all due respect you are either full of :o or very naive. ............
Nick is still around though he is laying very low. Could have something to do with the 7 page legal notice moto posted on their website that quoted Nick's ebay ads!!!!!!!!
Last edited by nitornemo on Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bugs Bunny

Post by Bugs Bunny »

It is not the flashcode which would be illegal, it was how he generated the flashcode which could cause him grief. If he used software which he did not have proprietary rights to have, then the Motorola legal team would go after him, and they should. It costs Motorola money to do the R&D and they should be able to protect their work. Sometimes I wonder about people. We all scream if we did not get paid for our work, but it is okay to steal from someone else. Then we justify it by saying 'They are charging too much for it.'. Well the last time I checked I didn't need Smartzone trunking to survive day to day.

Bugs
scanman

Post by scanman »

Or antiquated Modat!
scanman

Post by scanman »

007, PM me.

Post by 123 »

Still no cashiers check or radios like he promised, :x what a scammer. Anyone else wants to exchange broken promises from nick? I e-mail,call,& harase him twice a day until i get my :o.The funny thing is he actually calls me every once & a while & he always calls from a different phone #.
Keep the flames to yourself.
nitornemo

Post by nitornemo »

Maybe it's just me...but!

You are posting here for LESS THAN A MONTH!
Or at least THIS NAME your using has been.
Make a total of 10 WHOLE Posts of which 7 are here Bitching that you were taken by this guy.

BE A MAN do something about it and stop your candy ass, mamby-pamby bitching.
Whats the problem did you lie about the whole issue?
Did you REALLY get screwed or are you just a firestarter?
Does the US Postal/FBI/Local LEA ring a bell?
If you really have a case its an easy fix.
Key Words....If you really have a case

123 wrote:Still no cashiers check or radios like he promised, :x what a scammer. Anyone else wants to exchange broken promises from nick? I e-mail,call,& harase him twice a day until i get my :o.The funny thing is he actually calls me every once & a while & he always calls from a different phone #.
Last edited by nitornemo on Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radio Intelligence Agency

Post by Radio Intelligence Agency »

nitornemo give it a rest will you.
Keep it under your hat.

Man´s got to know his limitations.
nitornemo

Post by nitornemo »

actually no!
Radio Intelligence Agency wrote:nitornemo give it a rest will you.

Post by 123 »

nitornemo for your information I have been waiting for 6 months now for a grand total of $3,635 & yes I am doing everything in my power to see I get my money or products.NO the FBI,US justice dept or any other law agency is not going to help me refund my money so you saying that is stupid,all they do is criminal you dumb :o.I have delt with nick for 2 years & he was good dealings until recently,but just because he used to be a good person doesnt mean people dont change.You wait & see when you dont get your product for a while see how you will start to wonder yourself if you will ever get your 10 xts astros you paid him.The truth of the matter is he has lied about many things & has kept our money for a very long time without satifaction of his custumers.So this is fraud,plain & simple.All I am doing by posting is to try to get others that have been screwed by him to join together to put pressure on him to caugh up some money or radios.So therefore nitornemo if you wish not to give solutions then you are part of the problem,so shut up if you have nothing of value to add to this thread
Keep the flames to yourself.
nitornemo

Post by nitornemo »

Your telling "ALL" here you have over 36 HUNDRED DOLLARS out of pocket and the FBI/any LEA won't do anything...

YOU SIR ARE A LIAR!

I have a case ongoing with the US Postal inspectors over $35,
YES THIRTY FIVE DOLLARS!
It involves Mail fraud.
THIS IS A CRIME and you are the DUMB ASS.

I HAVE stated the solution to your problem as well as all the others here.
Either You are not for real or have such a case of rectal/cranium inversion
you can not comprehend what I've been saying to realize it is GRAND THIEFT. If you mailed a check, it _IS_ mail fraud. If you transacted via the Internet it could also be Internet fraud.
All this requires PROOF and for you to be FOR REAL. Of which I have yet to see any from you.

This applies to ALL MAIL/Internet/Banking transactions, It is a Crime and Agencies of the Law WILL follow through.
Like I said before it does NOT matter who it is that defrauds you it is a crime.

You however, for the whole month this alias you are using, have been posting nothing but bitchs about 1 person.

Oh and in my eyes the only problem I can see me being is to YOUR creditability.

123 wrote:.....total of $3,635 & yes I am doing everything in my power to see I get my money or products.NO the FBI,US justice dept or any other law agency is not going to help me refund my money so you saying that is stupid,all they do is criminal you dumb :o.......So therefore nitornemo if you wish not to give solutions then you are part of the problem,so shut up if you have nothing of value to add to this thread
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Enough is enough...

We'll be locking this thread now before It continues to get out of hand.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”