Professional CPS

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kydeputy1463

Professional CPS

Post by kydeputy1463 »

Does anyone know the newest version out right now. I have the R6.01.00. I haven't recieved any newer updates. Just wondering if I was left out on the updates.
sglass
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: sonic screwdriver

Post by sglass »

I think I am using 6.04 on my ht1250
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

Motorola was shipping 6.05.00, at least as of last week...
Amateurs train until they can do it right. Professionals train until they cannot do it wrong.
mavericknet
What radios do you own?: HT1250 VHF, CDM1550 UHF

???

Post by mavericknet »

How do you three have copies of the CPS? Are you dealers? Did you bribe someone? do you have a contact? This is getting absolutly rediculus(spelling, I know), I'm really getting shafted on a contract to provide communications services to an agency that coughed up a few CDM/HTs and want them serviced. Motorola won't give me a license because I'm not a dealer, and they won't let me be a dealer.
jim

Post by jim »

....and Motorola wonders why people pirate their software.
motor59
Batboard $upporter

Post by motor59 »

Oh, I don't think they wonder at all....I'm sure that they know.

Let's face it, they could sell the stuff for the cost of the media, and people would still pirate the software.

I still don't know why they make it so difficult to buy some varieties of CPS though...
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Thats why I don't look down upon people who do pirate it. I fully support it not being supported here on this board for obvious reasons, but I have no pitty for /\/\ having their software ripped off.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
mavericknet
What radios do you own?: HT1250 VHF, CDM1550 UHF

Post by mavericknet »

And the biggest kick in the pants is some broadband kiddies in the town gave me a copy on CD, I had it... in my hands.. free... but I broke it in half saying I had to do it legitmatly if I wanted to keep Public Safety contracts. I'm sure I could get it again if I had to, but for sh!ts sake I'm willing to pay money for it why can't I have it?

YOU HEAR THAT MOTOROLA, I WILL PAY YOU MONEY FOR SOMETHING SOMEBODY PUT IN MY HAND FOR FREE! So next time somebody tells me "this is to prevent piracy of our Intellectual property" I'm going to tell them it's a load of bull.... :x

My rants are going to to continue to get worse until 1. I get the software license (and Mot gets and extra $600 someodd dollars), or 2. I see the look on the Vice President's face when I show up to return two hundred and fifty someodd CDM/HT radios because the end users are fed up with service and support and decided to go with icom. :evil:
2wayfreq
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 VHF, M-RK II UHF

Post by 2wayfreq »

I concur,
All I can do is shake my head in disbelief of the whole thing. Its like going to the local store and buying the latest P4. "Ok mr. clerk, i need the operating system now to get my work done and help my customers." Clerk: "Sorry sir, customers/computer dealers in your area already have a large saturation of the OS there. So, I'm sorry..we cant help you." I dont think the dealers would sell too many origional copies. sheesh!!
Radio Tech Troubleshooting Golden Rule #1: Check your connections
Cowthief
Fail 01/90

CPS

Post by Cowthief »

Hello.

/\/\ is strange indeed in this area.
I was working in a programming work-around for the now old spectra.
This was just to reprogram channels, nothing more.
/\/\ and I have come to an agreement, after several dozen letters went back and forth, and 3 face to face meetings that cost /\/\ some bucks.
The whole issue was territory, dealers profit ratio and margin, etc.
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GUY WHO BOUGHT THE RADIO!!!!??!!!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”