Do you own an Astro Saber III ???

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Yes
74%
No
19%
Had one but sold it as it was not what you expected of it
6%

Total votes: 31
No Longer Registered

Post by 8443833 »

Just curious as to how many Astro Saber III radios are still in use today by you guys.
Last edited by 8443833 on Thu May 06, 2004 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KG6EAQ
Batboard $upporter

Re: Do you own an Astro Saber III ???

Post by KG6EAQ »

8443833 wrote:Just curious as to how many Astro Saber III radios are still in use today by you guys.

Also, if you could post what you think of your AS3 that would be good as i am trying to get a users opinion of their radio.

If you have any photos of your Astro Saber III or your entire radio collection, can you please post it so we can all see the collections of others.
Search man... we've discussed how we love the AS3 to death. We've got a big thread on our collections already too..................
-Robert F.
KG6EAQ
No Longer Registered

Post by 8443833 »

sorry about that, i will delete the msg on there but i will still keep the poll going as i would like to see how many are still in use.

Once again, sorry about that, i didnt think to search it.

Regards,
KG6EAQ
Batboard $upporter

Post by KG6EAQ »

r0f wrote:The only gripe I have with the Digital Saber is the belt clip. It's frigging HORRIBLE. How are you supposed to use this radio for surveillance applicatons? The belt clip is HUGE and it slnks out under a jacket. You cannot sit with the Digital Saber attached to a belt either.
Dead on Shaun. I love the AS but unless you have the swivel case it is impossible to sit down which gets pretty old pretty fast.
-Robert F.
KG6EAQ
Dale Earnhardt

Post by Dale Earnhardt »

Stick it in your pocket, thats what its made for lol, XTS oh gosh that u got to have it on the side, no way u can stick it in ya back pocket
Cam
Batboard $upporter

Post by Cam »

r0f wrote:I use the XTS3K for surveillance applications with a surveillance kit.
S
I thought your were unemployed. Spying on the girl next door? :lol:
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

Have a pimped-out VHF AS3...love it to pieces

1 meg vocoder nicely loaded with current flash/dsp and DES-OFB.

Will own it till either I or the radio dies.
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
Chrisjz
What radios do you own?: Motorola, GE

Post by Chrisjz »

I own 2 AS-III's. One UHF 440-512 and an 800 Mhz model. Both have the latest in host/DSP and are loaded with options. Love them both and are the only radios I use on a regular basis (and I work for M/A-Com, so what does that tell you)! Anyway, they are the best radios that I have ever had.
Dale Earnhardt

Post by Dale Earnhardt »

Actually yeahh I have seen the Lith battery for the XTS, wow, is it slim lol, ok ok, soo it would fit in the pocket, I take my word back lol
calvat

Post by calvat »

I own XTS3000 Mode I VHF with Li-ion battery, it was nice. Becasue Li-ion battery not so heavy, after I got Li-ion battery I'm less use the standard battery. I use it in Ham band, I also love Astro Saber II or III VHF, now I'm trying to source one.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

And with that the topic is locked. The search feature can reveal many other threads with AS & XTS comparisons, if more information is desired.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”