2004 Dodge Stratus and airbags

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim1348

2004 Dodge Stratus and airbags

Post by Jim1348 »

They set up a 2004 Dodge Stratus for me at work this summer. They removed the front passenger seat to install the Panasonic CF-28 lap-top computer. Now I am wondering if I will have a problem if the airbag deploys. The installer tells me that because the front passenger seat has been removed that the passenger airbag cannot deploy. Does anyone here know if that is true?
fire-medic8104

Post by fire-medic8104 »

Your installer lied. Just because the passenger seat is removed, doesn't mean the airbag won't deploy. The only two options is to install and airbag cut off switch or remove the airbag module.
Lord Windeshmere

Post by Lord Windeshmere »

Yep...what he said.
motor59
Batboard $upporter

Post by motor59 »

They took the passenger seat out to install the computer - and left it out?
:o
Geez - what a hack job! I'd kinda like to see a picture of that. :roll:

If the computer is where the seat used to be, the airbag might not actually be a factor.
I don't think it comes out more than 18-20" from the dash.
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”