Jedi multi-unit charger question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Primesite

Jedi multi-unit charger question

Post by Primesite »

Just noticed that on one of my 6 unit Jedi chargers, every red LED is blinking. If I take the radios out of this charger and put them in another, they act normal. If I take radios out of the normal charger - LED color red or green - and put them in the suspect charger, I get the same blinking red LED.

Any thoughts?
Im hoping this is a known problem and an easy fix via a soldering iron and a trip to Radio Shack ... :wink:
motor59
Batboard $upporter

Post by motor59 »

What model is the charger?
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "
Primesite

Post by Primesite »

NTN1177C is the model number.

I can't believe that nobody on the board can tell me what this means, yet alone how to fix it. MOL say's it'll be somewhere between $200-300 to repair, depending on what's wrong. There's got to be a cheaper way...
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Well, there's 6 completely seperate charging circuits in those units. The only thing really in common with them all is the microprocessor & associated circuitry, and the power supply. 9 times out of 10, the Depot replaces either the entire board, or the power supply...or both.

The flat-rate end-user repair charge for those units is $256.00 up here in Canada...ordering the power supply alone is over $300.00...the flat rate is definitely the more attractive option. The price should be lower in the U.S...check with a dealer to see what the flat-rate is.

There is one common voltage regulator, located pretty much front center of the board. It looks like the other 6 seperate transistors for each pocket, but it sits perpendicular to them. Perhaps that has a problem.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
raymond345

WE have had the power supply every time.

Post by raymond345 »

When we lost the unit with flashing
red lites it was always the power supply
for us.

have you tried trading the power supply out?
It is very simple to do.!0 mins and you know.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”