i90c firmware blues

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

VA3XDJ
was orbit303

i90c firmware blues

Post by VA3XDJ »

Hi gang,

Just sent my Telus i90c in for repair after several problems with this handset have driven me nuts. Like dropped calls with full battery and signal or Beep! Please try again DURING a call then click!

Or the phone ringing twice then shutting off.

Or losing audio from my mic during a call.

Or User busy in data during Direct Connect.

Anyhow, does anyone know where I could find info on the firmware revisions for this phone? Telus and Motorola sites have discontinued it yet the guys at the store swear its a best seller and bla bla blah...

Thanks for your help
Last edited by VA3XDJ on Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cowthief
Fail 01/90

Trouble with i90c

Post by Cowthief »

Hello.

That is not a sofware issue.
This is how to find what firmware you have now.
From the idle screen, press #, *, “Menu”, Right Arrow.

Scroll down to "Unit Info".

Press the key under 'View' or the 'OK' nav button, depending on phone model.

Scroll down to 'Software'.

Press the key under 'Select' or the 'OK' Nav button.

The software version is listed first and normally starts with 'R', followed by a string of alpha/digits in the Rxx.xx.xx format.
VA3XDJ
was orbit303

Post by VA3XDJ »

Thanks,

Checked that out a long time ago but can't locate any revision info anywhere.

Thought some of you techs may have some info.
motor59
Batboard $upporter

Post by motor59 »

Just a suggestion -

http://www.howardforums.com
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "
videonerd
What radios do you own?: Little Tikes walkie-talkie

Post by videonerd »

The i90 was a best seller... but it's since been superceeded by two generations of phones. The next one up from the i90 is the i730, which has much better audio quality. The i830 is the "smaller" version of the i730.

Sooner or later (probably sooner) your i90 will develop a well-known problem with the charging ports. Plug in the charger, and your phone will shut off, displaying "incompatible battery." It happened to one of my i90's under warranty, and my replacement i90 died last week. I got an i830 as a replacement and never looked back.

The latest firmware is here:
http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/sup ... ility.html

Edit: just dug out my i90. Do the # * Menu -> bit then view "Unit Info." Scroll down to Software. Mine is at R76.02.05.
VA3XDJ
was orbit303

Post by VA3XDJ »

Excellent. Thanks for the info! :)

I've had some problems with the charger but after a lil tootbrush 'n' rubbing alcohol that went away.

I went out and got an i35sr in the meantime for cheaper than the deposit they wanted for a loaner (85$ vs 150$) and it'll double as a backup if my gf's i90 starts acting up too.

I definitely wouldn't mind an i730 or i830 though! :D

Now I have to wait and see if I buy a cable for the i90 or not.
videonerd
What radios do you own?: Little Tikes walkie-talkie

Post by videonerd »

Lucky you. I've done it so much I think whatever deposits are on the contacts are permanent. Heh.

You can still buy a data cable for the i90... when you get the i730 or i830 phones you just need to break off the middle plastic tab to make it fit the new phones. Although charging accessories not so. I'm stuck with a car charger, two desk chargers, and two NIB car chargers.
VA3XDJ
was orbit303

Post by VA3XDJ »

Well, if you can make a price on the accesories you got left that you don't need, me and my gf could use them.

Let me know

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”