cdm1250 programming question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

uman18
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 VHF, XTL5000 UHF/VHF

cdm1250 programming question

Post by uman18 »

i just got a cdm1250, my radio shop will do programing for 80 bucks with alpha tagging, turn around time 1 week. i have a friend that has cps R04.00.00 and will do it for a 6 pack, now the question is the radio is R05.05.10 will it give him an error mesg, corup the codeplug or will it be able to program ok. Thanks.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

"IF" he can read it (and doesn't get the "Plug too new" error, he will be able to write it...AS LONG as it hasn't been written to by a newer CPS already.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

The firmware is new, so I'd say there's a 100% chance your buddy's CPS will give an error message upon reading the radio. You're stuck with the shop, or finding someone else with the latest & greatest CPS to do the programming.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
jim

Post by jim »

What's odd is that some early versions CPS (below 2.00.00) will read and write the lastest built radios.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”