AstroTac To Quantars using IP

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Astroboy

AstroTac To Quantars using IP

Post by Astroboy »

Hi there guys,
Just have a project in mind, just wondering if anyone have achived this as yet and some pointers would be great,
Basically have two Quantars In place, just purchased a Astro Tac and of course wanting to set it up. *in Apco*
Now my understaning is that the v.24 FRU Kits that i have also ordered requires a V.24 Leased Line Modem to communicate from point to point.
I am looking at doing this Via IP. Eg,
Atac to Serial to ip converter Lan >>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<< Lan Ip converter to Serial to Quantar Port 1. *V.24 Kit*
So what i am tryingto do is replace the leased line with a 5.7gig Ip Link.
Just as i said wondering if anyone out there has done this as yet and if so could they head me in the direction of the serial to ip converter that they used, or just any old one,
i have attachted a link of one product that may help me.

http://www.perle.com/products/product.a ... 4&cat=C001#

Thanks and any support would be appreciated
Lee
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

I'm not sure - but I would check with blackbox. They are pretty well known for little devices that do strange things that people never thought they would need to do - yet now they have the need.

I would be seriously concerned about QoS (quality of service) on the medium of which you wish to use to interconnect these boxes. I would describe that a bit more if I were you, since there might be others who have experimented with this over different connections.

You shouldn't have too much to worry about since astro data shouldn't be all that much to handle.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
/\/\y 2 cents
On Moderation
What radios do you own?: iPhone, Blackberry, HT220

Post by /\/\y 2 cents »

Hi I may be able to help you. Are you dead set on a 5.xGhz directional setup or would you be willing to use a router/rj45? Would like some more specific info on certain aspects of the AstroTAC receiver and Quantar. Maybe you could PM me or something.

Steve

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”