HT 1250 Programming Help

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SPVFD47
What radios do you own?: HT1550, HT1250, MT2000, HT1000

HT 1250 Programming Help

Post by SPVFD47 »

I just re-programmed my HT 1250. Got everything I wanted in there and went to change the front programable buttons. I could have sworn that before the P3 button was set up change the zone. I can't seem to get it to do it now. Zone isn't even listed under the drop down menu in the CPS. Am I going nuts and its not prossible to program a button to change the zone or did I mess something up ?
hooknladder

Post by hooknladder »

Some options aren't compatible with others. If you changed the short or long press it was grouped with, the CPS may have changed it to a default it was compatible with, without you noticing. Don't ask me why it matters what the short and long press are grouped with but it does.
"It costs HOW much?" "Must be a /\/\ Original" Motofabulous
SPVFD47
What radios do you own?: HT1550, HT1250, MT2000, HT1000

Post by SPVFD47 »

I set everything to unasigned and it still doesn't show up. I orginally didn't program the unit. I've read on here about the firmware version making a difference. I didn't change the firmware but I could have a different CPS then the original programer. I'm lost on it now.
elkbow

Post by elkbow »

without looking at my cps, i believe that you have a setup in the menu's of the cps to say that you want 'zones' to be a selectable item....actually i'm positive thats the way it works...which may cause the p3 button not to select if you don't have it selected on the menu items....

go back through and find where the setup is for the menu's, you'll need to have 'zones' as a selectable item and that should do it for you
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

Can't remember which CPS version let us use a front button for zone selection, but only the newer versions PAST R06.00.00 has this option.

If you don't have zone selection in the drop down box in he CPS, then you need to upgrade the CPS to a newer release.

I'm running R06.04.00 or something close to that (not on my programming computer right now, so i'm not 100% sure what ver. I'm running), but that does have the zone selection your looking for.

Cheers

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”