MCX1000 Questions

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

VE9MP
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE
What radios do you own?: FPP Railroad XTL9000 Cleancab

MCX1000 Questions

Post by VE9MP »

OK, first things first:

Mod# MBD43UXA7H00AK
136-162 split dashmount

On the Model number breakdown chart it says my radio is a 128 channel/24 zone digital radio. What do they mean by digital? Obviously I know that this isn't something like IMBE or VSELP. Does this mean the radio will do MDC or other signalling formats?

Also, I took off the cover and inside was a sticker that has the radios info on it and a list of options installed, and i was wondering if anyone can tell me what they are. Unfortunately I don't have a service manual on hand.

Options:
ACB535AA
MBB596AH
MBB978AB
MBB206CG
MBB423BY
MBB275AT
MBB424AY
MBB243AB
MBB321AY
-----Nick-----

"I can trip some repeaters in Maine, but I'm not getting any audio into it, is there some type of tone frequency I use? If so do you know what one is for Maine?" - The SMT Machine
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

The digital part refers to capable of digital encryption aka Securenet with the proper hardware. Don't have any info. on your options list.
dbrock411

MCX1000 options

Post by dbrock411 »

Here's what I could find as to the option codes:

ACB535AA
MBB596AH
MBB978AB Omit user programming from front panel
MBB206CG
MBB423BY Operator selectable scan
MBB275AT
MBB424AY Add level two priority
MBB243AB
MBB321AY

This is, of course, your list of options and the only three translations that I could find in my service manual. Hope it helps a little bit
hoser

Post by hoser »

Those option codes are also presented in the 4 'Radio Wide' screens within the MCX1000s RSS. It too may also help you to decipher the radio options.

Digital was loosely used term for that radio I suppose. The fact that it could do encryption (if so equipped) may have something to do with it?

I remember a brief 'blurb' in the service manual about the term digital...
VE9MP
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE
What radios do you own?: FPP Railroad XTL9000 Cleancab

Post by VE9MP »

Great!
Thanks for the help guys!
-----Nick-----

"I can trip some repeaters in Maine, but I'm not getting any audio into it, is there some type of tone frequency I use? If so do you know what one is for Maine?" - The SMT Machine

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”