motorola sse5000

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sealgz

motorola sse5000

Post by sealgz »

did anyone have any information about sse5000(saber), such as how to operat? what kind of programm cable it use?
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Its a XTS5000 in a saber style case. UHF 470+ split. NYPD production only.

I haven't seen a program cable for it yet, but it would be ribless and requires the ASTRO25 Portable CPS to program it.

Other than that, if you can use an XTS5k, you could use a SSE.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
sealgz

Post by sealgz »

can i use the saber hand mic for it?i have astro saber hand mic .
let me know please
harrisjt2000
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

Post by harrisjt2000 »

can i use the saber hand mic for it?i have astro saber hand mic .
let me know please
Probally not, as pj said its an xts5000 in a saber case and it will most likely use something like the xts' program cable wich is a ribless cable. Correct me if i'm wrong, I dont think anyone has recreated the ribless cable yet. so i think you are out of luck unless you find a sse5000 cable.

If you dont mind me asking how did you get a hold of one?
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

I'll have to look up the manual, but the Saber accessiors including the speaker mic should be able to be used with the SSE. The NYPD wanted a radio that could use their thousands of saber accessories... (hence the SSE). However, that's where the saber ends and the XTS comes in. Saber batts, saber accessories. Everything else is ASTRO25/XTS5000.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
sealgz

Post by sealgz »

PJ, can u offer me the pinout of the program cable?
thanks i thought i can make one myself
bellersley
No Longer Registered

Post by bellersley »

As PJ said, it uses a ribless programming cable. This isn't something you can build yourself.

It's just a guess, but I would imagine the programming cable is the same as the XTS5000, just with a different radio connector.

If someone was able to figure out the pins, you might be able to put a saber connector onto an XTS5000 cable, but to my knowledge nobody has been able to figure out the pinout you need.

I'd also be careful about asking around for programming as the SSE5000 is SP for NYPD, so anyone asking around for programming is going to perk up some ears, hopefully not the wrong ones.
sealgz

Post by sealgz »

i tested it, normal saber hand mic is useful
xmo

Post by xmo »

RKN4121A PROGRAMMING CABLE, SSE5000, USB

RKN4122A PROGRAMMING CABLE, SSE5000, RS232
sealgz

Post by sealgz »

can u send some image of these calbles to my mail?
sunnymogz@yahoo.com
thanks
scanman

Post by scanman »

I offer a aftermarket ribless xts5k cable so why would you say they are not available other then "M"? Hell Hong Kong swiped my version and now copies it.
sealgz

Post by sealgz »

i know hongkong sell xts cable, it's almost same price as u.s., but i need to know how can i conver them to a saber connector for my sse5000
thanks

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”