Minitor V Battery Falls Out

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ayaresr

Minitor V Battery Falls Out

Post by ayaresr »

Anyone here ever have problems with the battery not staying seated in the pager on a Minitor V? Its not just sliding out a little, but actually enough that the pager loses power.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

No... in all of our M5s, the battery is quite tight. There's also a latch that should be engaged to retain the battery.
ffexpCP

Post by ffexpCP »

I've had that problem. After a while it seems the latch slides out of the slot on battery. I've had the pager about 6 months now and it only happened twice. Last time was sunday while sitting in the car, the pager just started shutting off and powering up again. So far I haven't lost the battery.
smcrae0

Post by smcrae0 »

The batteries on the M V's we have fit very snugly. Have not had a problem with any of them losing contact.

Maybe adding a small piece of thick paper / card stock between the pager and battery to act as a shim?
Does not look like it should interfere with the battery contacts.
HRN

Loose Battery M5

Post by HRN »

I had several pagers with this problem. I found in looking at them that the slider switch was not in correctly. Try popping it out and putting it in the other direction. Hope that fixes your problem.
ayaresr

Post by ayaresr »

Problem solved. Latch was in correctly, but not fully locked. Thanks as always guys.
SilasGore1

Re:

Post by SilasGore1 »

smcrae0 wrote:The batteries on the M V's we have fit very snugly. Have not had a problem with any of them losing contact.

Maybe adding a small piece of thick paper / card stock between the pager and battery to act as a shim?
Does not look like it should interfere with the battery contacts.

That worked great, good suggestion!!!

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”