Zetron paging encoder alert tones

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

hsfdchief200

Zetron paging encoder alert tones

Post by hsfdchief200 »

Does anyone know if the high-low alert tones that are optional after a two-tone page on a Zetron encoder are programmable? I want to have the same high-low tones as the Centracom II (1500/800 Hz). Can these be programmed by the user/installer or can Zetron do it? We are looking at their Model 15 keypad encoder.
Jim202

Re: Zetron paging encoder alert tones

Post by Jim202 »

Don't you think it would be easier to go directly to Zetron and get the info directly?

Most of the equipment models are well described and have a fairly good brochure.

Jim

hsfdchief200 wrote:Does anyone know if the high-low alert tones that are optional after a two-tone page on a Zetron encoder are programmable? I want to have the same high-low tones as the Centracom II (1500/800 Hz). Can these be programmed by the user/installer or can Zetron do it? We are looking at their Model 15 keypad encoder.
n9upc

Post by n9upc »

Yes the model 15 should have a high low alert tone. Go into the programming and it should be under alerts. I want to say there are 4 different alerts on the 15. If you have a manual it will tell you how and where to look for them.

I do know they can be attached on the end of sending tones as well as being able to send them alone or by themself.
" ah the fatman made a funny!" - Stewie from the family guy.

I went to the doctor and all he did was just suck blood. Never go to Dr Acula - M. Hedberg
hsfdchief200

Post by hsfdchief200 »

Yes, the Zetron does have the option of the high-low alert tone after the page. But, I am wanting to know if you can program a custom high and low tone for that alert. I am going to contact Zetron directly, but it's the weekend. I simply thought someone here might have some expert knowledge about Zetron encoders. Thought that was what this board was for... to draw on others knowledge.
n9upc

Post by n9upc »

Yes you can do this without attaching it to the end of a page.

We do it for our service when we just need to alert (not page) for people listening to the radio.

We programmed spot # 7 in the encoder for the alert tones. So when I push 71 and hit page it emits a "Beep Beep Beep Bepp", when I push 72 and hit page it emits the next alert tone etc.. Now we just use spot # 7 for sending alert tones only but you can use whatever spot you want 0 - 9.

I can not remember what the different alerts are off the top of my head but I think that there is a total of 5 I think with one being a hi/lo one.
" ah the fatman made a funny!" - Stewie from the family guy.

I went to the doctor and all he did was just suck blood. Never go to Dr Acula - M. Hedberg
otter9309

Post by otter9309 »

Anyone have a wav file of the different alert tones?
ems-280
New User

Post by ems-280 »

our zetron encoder is programmed to generate high and low tones. we have it programmed to generate two sets of high/low tones. one button puts out one set, another another set, and another to transmit the full set. i'm not sure how we programmed it, but i can dig up the manual for the zetron 15 that the guy at zetron emailed it to me, and i'll post a link for it here.
hsfdchief200

Post by hsfdchief200 »

That would be GREAT! Zetron technicians aren't the best at calling me back with an answer... especially since we don't own one yet.
n3obl

Post by n3obl »

What is needed to program a zetron encoder. A specific cable or can one be made.

I remember some of the zetron stuff programmed via hyperterminal

Frank

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”