XTS 1500 Mod. 1.5 problems with pager use

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firerescueluke
New User

XTS 1500 Mod. 1.5 problems with pager use

Post by firerescueluke »

Hope you can help me out here.
The Rescue Squad I work for recently purchased 9 new XTS 1500 Mod. 1.5 portables.
They seem to be good radios although they are heavier than the HT series we were used to.
However we have been in contact with the dealer they were purchased from and they have not been able to help us. So maybe someone here can assist.
We use these radios as our pagers as well. According to the manual when the tones are revieved from dispatch the radio is supposed to beep 4 times loudly.
These radios only beep twice. Also the LED is supposed to flash green when a page is recieved. And the display is supposed to show either a symbol of a recieved call or it else "Call Recieved" should come up on the display.
Is this something that can be corrected via the programming software?
Or is it a defect...all 9 do the same thing, so I tend to doubt defect.

Any suggestions, ideas, or theories would be greatly appreciated.
akardam

Re: XTS 1500 Mod. 1.5 problems with pager use

Post by akardam »

Since you're talking about tones I assume you're talking about QCII. Since it sounds like the radios are activating on the RX of tones, I'd be curious to see what manual you've read that says they should behave differently. Also, it might be helpfull to know the current firmware revision of the radios.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Are the radios in scan mode when this happens? How long are the pager tones that you are receiving? What is the HOST/DSP/Flashcode of the radio (turn radio on, and press the .. side button 5 times on power up).
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Code3
Batboard $upporter

Post by Code3 »

It sounds like the radios are setup with selective call. It is set up in the conventional personality, under the Quick Call II tab

Selective call = 2 beeps and unmute for voice

You might be looking for call alert.

Call Alert = 4 beeps and flashing LED
firerescueluke
New User

Post by firerescueluke »

Thanks for your responses. I do not have software yet, the board of directors needs to decide whether or not to purchase.
Also, I have not been able to pull up the flashcode or firmware info. Not sure what I'm doing wrong
libuff

Post by libuff »

firerescueluke wrote:Thanks for your responses. I do not have software yet, the board of directors needs to decide whether or not to purchase.
Also, I have not been able to pull up the flashcode or firmware info. Not sure what I'm doing wrong
you stated you have a mod 1.5 so...

within 5 seconds of boot up, press the bottom most button 5x times in rapid succession.. it should scroll a plethora of information including the HOST/DSP/Flash, etc.. it usually takes me a good 5-10 times to copy all this info down..
firerescueluke
New User

Post by firerescueluke »

Hello everyone, sorry it has been so long. I was able to get some info from the radio.
Host: R10.00.01
DSP R10.00.00
Flashcode: 1000001-00000 0-7

Let me know if this helps...
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Your radio has firmware more recent than version 8 so receiving QCII should not be an issue.

Sounds like the radios are not programmed as you'd like them to be. If you have not sprung for the software, perhaps the dealer that originally programmed them can be talked into reprogramming them for you.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”