HT1000

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SCFB102
New User

HT1000

Post by SCFB102 »

Any help is appreciated. I am not very good at computers but am trying to program my HT1000.

I connected my HT1000 to my computer. I get the problem saying RIB Comm Not Successful. I have the rib connected to Com Port 1 and it is setup on the software to Com Port 1. I have a Windows computer and run XP on it. What am I doing wrong? Help please!
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Re: HT1000

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Your Motorola program is a DOS program. It will not run under Windows XP, and it
will not run under any type of imitation DOS program commonly/sometimes found
with W98 programs, etc. You must boot your computer in DOS v6.22 and then run
the program. The problem lies in the setup of the serial port on your machine and
it's something that can't be fixed, so get a DOS disk and boot from it. Also, read up
on the HT1000 at http://www.batlabs.com under Model Specific Information and click on
JT1000 which is a variety of your HT1000.

Also, if you do a search on this board for HT1000 you're likely to come up with some
more useful information about the radio.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
SCFB102
New User

Post by SCFB102 »

Where do I get the program ?

Quote: You must boot your computer in DOS v6.22 and then run the program.
txshooter

Post by txshooter »

SCFB102 wrote:Where do I get the program ?

Quote: You must boot your computer in DOS v6.22 and then run the program.
I am pretty sure you don;t know what DOS is at all. Here is a little information for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOS

Most older RSS operated under DOS only. If you are trying to program older equipment you may want to learn simple DOS commands. There are other resources on the web to learn this, but this is really not the place.
Scott B.
"Never argue with seven men when you are carrying a six shooter..."
Terry_Glover

Post by Terry_Glover »

Tom & Scott are right...

Programming the HT1000 is as easy as falling off a chair if people would just boot-up a Windows95/98 (or DOS) computer in DOS mode... If you can read and write and are using DOS with the software, you will do it very easily!

You youngsters have got to give DOS a try someday...
Terry
Will

Post by Will »

Terry_Glover wrote:Tom & Scott are right...

Programming the HT1000 is as easy as falling off a chair if people would just boot-up a Windows95/98 (or DOS) computer in DOS mode... ...
So, he is running Windows XP. So how does one have XP come up at a command prompt like F8 on W95 & 98?
commtek
Batboard $upporter

Post by commtek »

There is NO DOS in XP. It simply doesn't exist. You can get a command prompt by either typing "cmd" in Start, Run or select command prompt from Start, All Programs, Accessories. Good for pinging, etc but there is no DOS in XP. (Billy G and Stevie B had a better idea)
Terry_Glover

Post by Terry_Glover »

Will wrote:
Terry_Glover wrote:Tom & Scott are right...

Programming the HT1000 is as easy as falling off a chair if people would just boot-up a Windows95/98 (or DOS) computer in DOS mode... ...
So, he is running Windows XP. So how does one have XP come up at a command prompt like F8 on W95 & 98?
That was my point. One can't do it with XP. That's why I mentioned Windows95/98.
Terry
jeremyn
What radios do you own?: XTS3K ASaber MTS2K HT1250LS+

Post by jeremyn »

That was my point. One can't do it with XP. That's why I mentioned Windows95/98.
Actually that's only partially true. If one were to, say for instance, obtain a bootable CD with something like Dr. DOS (PC DOS and MS-DOS will work just as well I would think) on it, and boot to it, they could still run RSS on a machine that normally runs only XP. It would have to have a floppy drive though to be able to save any codeplugs. I personally use a Norton Ghost CD that came with one of my Iomega drives way back when that boots Dr DOS and actually has USB support! Quite useful! Then again, another option is to burn the RSS to a CD and use one of those Win95/98 bootup floppies that were so prevalent not so long ago.

Jeremy
K2JLX

Post by K2JLX »

commtek wrote:There is NO DOS in XP. It simply doesn't exist. You can get a command prompt by either typing "cmd" in Start, Run or select command prompt from Start, All Programs, Accessories. Good for pinging, etc but there is no DOS in XP. (Billy G and Stevie B had a better idea)
Yup its just a wrapper for whats called NTVDM (Virtual DOS Machine). RSS requires direct access to the COM port hardware, which is protected along with other hardware resources by Windows.
hb001
New User

Post by hb001 »

I have mines setup with Vmware to emulate all the Dos stuff works good for moto, kenwood, vertex Dos stuff.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

If the computer's capable of it, booting to DOS with a USB stick as detailed in this thread is the way to go:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=55522
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Radio Programming”