MTSX RSS boot error

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Motoman
What radios do you own?: XTS3000 III, MTS2000 III,

MTSX RSS boot error

Post by Motoman »

Well my old 400mhz CPU just crapped it's self so i got a well new/very old 400mhz. I loaded it up with the RSS and in windows 98 mode opened it it started fine, but would only read about 5 blocks of the radio until either a comms error or a Naked error. I thought this was just because i was running it in windows. So i restarted it in MS-DOS mode. Typed in the usual string of C:\mtsx\mtsx.bat now it won't start the program it goes to the first screen then the computer types its own string of C:\windows> cd: o-runtime.odb then says "Can't open runtime.exe" Can anyone help? Cheers.
Motoman at your service!
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Re: MTSX RSS boot error

Post by HLA »

did you copy and paste the program from a different install or install it from the factory disc? if you installed it from the factory disc it will have runtime on it and install that too along with the rss.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
Motoman
What radios do you own?: XTS3000 III, MTS2000 III,

Post by Motoman »

yeah all the files are there cause it runs fine when i open it in windows. I don't know if i'm typing the string wrong or somthing. Runtime.exe MTSX.odb and MTSX.bat and all relative files are there. I had a closer look at the error and this it was its read exactly. I type in the location string C:\windows>\mtsx.bat this is what it spits out. "C:\windows>cd C:\MRSS\MTSX Invalid directory" then "C:\Windows>RUNTIME -o MTSX.ODB Bad command or file name"
Motoman at your service!
PTR-Jason
What radios do you own?: XTS3K,HT1550,PRO7550,HT1KMCS2K

Post by PTR-Jason »

I am not sure if it will help, but when I installed mine, I put all of the files in the folder to the C: directory. EVERYTHING is in the open in C: and not in a file, I have several RSS in there. That way when I boot from DOS, it already goes to the C: directory so I just type MTSX, or HT100, or GM300 and it runs the programs. Helps a lot so I do not have to remember folder names or anything.

When I save a codeplug I also just save it to C: so I do not have to search for it later.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

if you installed it with the factory disc then when you start the machine in dos you go to c: and type mtsx and push enter and it will run.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
P25Digital
New User

Post by P25Digital »

Motoman wrote:Well my old 400mhz CPU just crapped it's self so i got a well new/very old 400mhz. I loaded it up with the RSS and in windows 98 mode opened it it started fine, but would only read about 5 blocks of the radio until either a comms error or a Naked error. I thought this was just because i was running it in windows. So i restarted it in MS-DOS mode. Typed in the usual string of C:\mtsx\mtsx.bat now it won't start the program it goes to the first screen then the computer types its own string of C:\windows> cd: o-runtime.odb then says "Can't open runtime.exe" Can anyone help? Cheers.
Another thought here, if you installed the RSS using the DOS shell from Windows, that may be your problem. Try reinstalling when you boot to straight DOS.

Return to “Radio Programming”