LA County Motorola Spectras

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

HarrisonRHW
What radios do you own?: Waris Stuff

LA County Motorola Spectras

Post by HarrisonRHW »

Has anyone purchased the Motorola Spectras that are listed on ebay that have "LA County Fire" engraved on the top. I am very tempted by them, especially by the price (includes no cables however) but I wanted to know if anyone has had any problems. They say that they are in good working order, but the only feedback I read talked about the shipping, not the actual product.
caprice96
What radios do you own?: To many to list here.

Re: LA County Motorola Spectras

Post by caprice96 »

I bought a UHF one off of the guy and I got it set up at home to monitor the local PD. I have not had one problem with it. I replaced the caps for good measure and it is a true champ. For the price they are not a bad deal. Mine had a A7 head on it and it was great shape.
STEVE W

Post by STEVE W »

I had the same results, I sent mine to Bruce Lane and he went over it with changing the caps and moding it for the lower end of the 70cm band. It works great in the mobile and has the latest firmware.
n5api

Post by n5api »

I've got two VHF ones in service with no problems, and know someone else here locally that picked up three of them with no issues. However, as someone else mentioned, it wouldn't hurt to re-cap them as soon as possible.

They seem to be in good condition and well cared for, so I'd say go for it!

John

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”