Motorola IMPRES rack charger - are these upgradeable?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Rayjk110
Banned

Motorola IMPRES rack charger - are these upgradeable?

Post by Rayjk110 »

I have a 6-slot IMPRES charger that I recently obtained (WPLN4121BR) pretty cheap on a well-known auction site... F/W in it is ver 01.03

Anyways, upon arrival I added this item on service contract through my MOL account.. sent the unit in for a firmware uplift and it came back "No problems found, charging contacts cleaned unit in good working order". Called in and was told you can not upgrade the firmware on these chargers. ??? am I missing something, or did I possibly speak with someone that did not know WTF they were talking about? It was my understanding that for the most part all IMPRES chargers are firmware upgradeable. I have not opened a complaint case yet with them but that may be the next step..
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: Motorola IMPRES rack charger - are these upgradeable?

Post by escomm »

Have your shop buy an Impres Field Programmer.
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

Yup, they are upgradeable.... I just did mine about 2 months ago. Took the main housing off, and did each slot one at a time..

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Yep... gotta flash each pocket and each display (if applicable) separately. It's a drag.
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

RLN5671A is what you need.. Thats the field programmer.

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it.

I'll try and send it in one last time and if that fails I'll probably get the field programmer.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

A programmer is about $200, you will need a MOL account to get the FW to load into the unit. If your going to ship it off, ship it to me, I'll bump the pockets and displays.

SG
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by Rayjk110 »

I spoke with someone at Motorola today, they apologized for the mistake and sent a red UPS label to me via email to send it back, and "promised" to have it back and upgraded by Friday....

Customer Service, eh?

:roll:

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”