Antenna Service Monitor

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

xxx2fan
What radios do you own?: HT750 Ht1250 CDM1250 CDM1550

Antenna Service Monitor

Post by xxx2fan »

I just got a TEKA24A antenna for my service monitor. I have both a R2200D/HS and a R2001A. I have a manual for the
R2200D and under Accessories Supplied it has
ANTENNA - The fused BNC connected antenna receives off-the-air signals PN #TEKA-24A.

Does any one know if this is fused like the bnc connector is. It looks like you can screw out the back of the connection where the wire goes into the connector. Just got this yesterday and not quite ready to tear it apart.

Got my R2200 working great now working on the R2001A got it going except for the scope is bright intensity can't be turned down. Anyone that has ideas on this would be helpful also. I got the focus to work changed a IC.

Thanks for any one with info
xxx2fan
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: Antenna Service Monitor

Post by DJP126 »

xxx2fan wrote:I just got a TEKA24A antenna for my service monitor. I have both a R2200D/HS and a R2001A. I have a manual for the
R2200D and under Accessories Supplied it has
ANTENNA - The fused BNC connected antenna receives off-the-air signals PN #TEKA-24A.

Does any one know if this is fused like the bnc connector is. It looks like you can screw out the back of the connection where the wire goes into the connector. Just got this yesterday and not quite ready to tear it apart.

Got my R2200 working great now working on the R2001A got it going except for the scope is bright intensity can't be turned down. Anyone that has ideas on this would be helpful also. I got the focus to work changed a IC.

Thanks for any one with info
xxx2fan
That statement should read "ANTENNA - The fused BNC connected antenna port receives off-the-air signals PN #TEKA-24A." The antenna itself is not fused. Also, if you are using the antenna port and you are testing a high power portable (5W) at the analyzer, leave the antenna off or use the RF I/O port with the antenna so you don't blow the fuse.

On your R2001A intensity problem, try adjusting the intensity bias and balance pots on the A2 (scope Amplifier) module. These are the two pots toward the bottom of the board.

First, adjust your intensity control FULLY CCW, then adjust the intensity bias pot until your display just disappears. Second, set the display to one of the scope modes (AC Scope, DC Scope or Mod Scope) increase the intensity control to a "just veiwable level and adjust the scope balance pot for a uniform intensity across the trace.

PM sent.
Dave
xxx2fan
What radios do you own?: HT750 Ht1250 CDM1250 CDM1550

Post by xxx2fan »

Thanks Dave fro the reply
And for the info on the R2001A scope problem I will check those and let you know. Be a couple days till I can get to it.
Good info on the antenna connector. I'm sure it will inform others here too.
Thanks again for taking your time to help me.
2fan
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

Does anybody know the actual manufacturer and part number for that fused BNC connector?
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

I could have told you about 5 years ago, but not anymore.
Dave

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”