Motorola R2014D/R2001D Question

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jistabout

Motorola R2014D/R2001D Question

Post by jistabout »

Hi everyone!

I just acquired an R2001D(R2014D). How does one access the Special Functions menu on this unit? I see the codes listed in the lid but how to use them? I also do not see DTMF in the "Modulation" section on the front panel, and this unit is supposed to have DTMF encode/decode according to what I've read.

Any help is very much appreciated, and thank you.

- Darrell/KA7BTV
Aww screw it. I didn't wanna fool with it anymore anyhow.
Lake Effect

Re: Motorola R2014D/R2001D Question

Post by Lake Effect »

For the special functions, on the numeric keypad push the down and left arrows at the same time. For DTMF, go down the display LED's to signalling seq. Then push "0" for the menu. I believe DTMF is item number 8.

L.E.
xmo

Post by xmo »

When you press the two arrow keys to go to the special functions screen you will either get a screen that is a menu of the available special functions or you will simply get a one line display that asks you to enter the special function code you want.

If you get the one line screen, your machine has earlier firmware. In that case, the hardware may also be early - in which case it may not have DTMF capability.
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

He has an R2014D which means he has trunking and secure. Since he has trunking, he has DTMF.
Dave
jistabout

Post by jistabout »

Thank you guys. I found everything. Unit works great except that the CRT is somewhat dim, but I found & read Bernie's posts about using an oscilloscope if needed...
Aww screw it. I didn't wanna fool with it anymore anyhow.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”