XTL2500 Trunking ID display

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radio_rob_nj
What radios do you own?: Motorola, ICOM, Harris, Tait

XTL2500 Trunking ID display

Post by radio_rob_nj »

We just had some XTL2500's installed in dispatch, but they do not display the radio ID's when a unit is transmitting. We're only using analog trunking at this time, and I know that the H14 / Digital ID Display flash is needed to display ID's for digital trunking. The current flashcode on our radios is 100008-000000-0 which is IMBE and SmartZone. Does the radio have to be flashed with Stat-Alert to decode the analog ID's? Our radio tech seems to think it's a CPS option. I know it's only a $75.00 flash, but I need to get this done fairly soon.

Thanks,

Rob
I'll see your 4.1 and raise you a 7.13
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Re: XTL2500 Trunking ID display

Post by Mfire39 »

You're still going to need H14.. I know it's listed as "Digital" ID display, but it controls more than just digital ID's.

Also, what is the firmware version of the radio in question? Analog trunking ID display didn't come out until R09.xx.xx firmware, just as an fyi..

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
radio_rob_nj

Post by radio_rob_nj »

Mfire39 wrote:You're still going to need H14.. I know it's listed as "Digital" ID display, but it controls more than just digital ID's.
So you're telling me that without the H14 flash, the radio will not decode ANY trunking ID's, correct?

Also, is that all you need [H14]? I have an XTS5000 that has H14 but it only decodes digital ID's. Is there something in the CPS that I can enable to decode analog ID's.

Mfire39 wrote:Also, what is the firmware version of the radio in question? Analog trunking ID display didn't come out until R09.xx.xx firmware, just as an fyi..
They're version 12.xx.xx so the radio can handle it. Thanks for the help so far.
caprice96
What radios do you own?: To many to list here.

Post by caprice96 »

Analog Trunking ID Display is a separate box you need to check off as well.
radio_rob_nj

Post by radio_rob_nj »

caprice96 wrote:Analog Trunking ID Display is a separate box you need to check off as well.
I looked through the CPS and I cannot seem to find the box, or any box that resembles it. Can someone point me in the right direction? There is always the chance that I've looked right over it and did not catch it...

I'm still not completely sure what flashes I need to have the following:

Digital trunking ID display

Analog trunking ID display
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

Once you add H14 to your radio, (500008-000000-1) will be your new flash. You'll get a new tab in the display & menu section of the tree view in CPS. It will be marked PTT ID.

H14 controls more than just "Digital" ID's, so don't take it's name so literal. It also controls analog conventional MDC ID decode, and analog trunking ID decode. Just by checking the little boxes in the new PTT ID tab, the radio will decode your analog ID's, and digital ID's without a problem.

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
radio_rob_nj

Post by radio_rob_nj »

Marc-

Thank you very much for the info, and the screenshot was a big help also. I thought we were missing a tab. I'll have to have them buy the H14 flash for them. Thanks.

Now, when I loaded up my XTS5000 codeplug which DOES have the H14 flash and decodes digital ID's without a problem, I have that tab set up just as you do, however it does not decode analog trunk ID's. Any ideas?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”