XTS2500 TG decode for Smartzone/Omnilink system

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

overhere
New User

XTS2500 TG decode for Smartzone/Omnilink system

Post by overhere »

All - I'm using an XTS2500 Model I to scan a local Smartzone/Omnilink Type II Hybrid system by programming the tower frequencies as conventional P25, then scanning them. This works a treat for scanning all talkgroups. I'm also trying to unmute only on specific talkgroups, by programming the tower frequencies strapped to the Smartzone system talkgroup, and using selective squelch. However when I try this, it never unmutes even when the TG in question is live, indicating it's not able to decode the talkgroup. I have the NAC programmed correctly for the tower frequencies. Any ideas what the problem might be? This worked for me a while ago using an EFJ5100. I'm wondering if the SZ talkgroups are no longer mapped to the P25 conventional talkgroups, or whether it's just some CPS setting which is preventing it from decoding. Thanks!
BIODTL1997
New User

Re: XTS2500 TG decode for Smartzone/Omnilink system

Post by BIODTL1997 »

I "think" I just accomplished this today, although it's hard to tell being 1am and the system quiet. Did you map the personality to an astro system and assign a talkgroup list to that system? Check out this dude's vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odznMKHeZ9o

What I want to know is if the radio is able to display which talkgroup it is currently decoding/receiving... ????
CPD534

Re: XTS2500 TG decode for Smartzone/Omnilink system

Post by CPD534 »

I would love to know how to get it to decode the talkgroul id in scan? Can it be done? Works fine if you are on a voice freq with scan turned off.

Return to “Radio Programming”